University of Texas System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas System Interview Questions

2.5

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Phone interview, then panel interview in person.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

called, offered/scheduled interview
    first interview with group
    wait 1 week
    email/schedule 2nd round
    second group interview
    wait 1 week
    not hired email

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you over any of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

Interview

The initial job posting is done through the on campus Career center recruiting.
    The interview consisted of making a presentation to the employer based on the requirements.
    The actual interview consists of questions from the presentation and some technical materials.
    The questions where generally from C/C++/JAVA
    The presentation is from JAVA servlets and JSP

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

Negotiation

none

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online at hirealonghorn job site and then I received an availability schedule to fill out and return via email or in person and within a few days I was called in for a group interview/briefing that lasted about 40min

Interview Questions

• very easy, the "interview" was more of a casual talk and briefing on how the job was going to be   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Senior Storage Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

One interview with the recruiter following a review of the job description that was emailed. Next, a 30 minute phone call with the recruiter describing the role, the company, people, environment based on job responsibility that the manager passed along. My experience with government opportunities have been similar to this respect. Very limited interview process following the vetting. Three offers at the time were on the table for me. After a review of all three, University of Texas System had the best overall career-wise track for me. I accepted the opportunity the following day.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas System in June 2007.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, in office interview

Interview Questions

• How many papaers do you have?   1 Answer

Chem Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Odessa, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was very simple, I had already completed one and a half years of undergraduate research with my boss and upon graduating with my degree he asked me to work for him full-time on his grant.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we could do to improve the process for the uses of biomass as a fuel?   Answer Question