University of Texas System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas System Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Storage Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

One interview with the recruiter following a review of the job description that was emailed. Next, a 30 minute phone call with the recruiter describing the role, the company, people, environment based on job responsibility that the manager passed along. My experience with government opportunities have been similar to this respect. Very limited interview process following the vetting. Three offers at the time were on the table for me. After a review of all three, University of Texas System had the best overall career-wise track for me. I accepted the opportunity the following day.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

First round was a phone interview, then brought in for an in-person. It was pretty straightforward. I did not have prior experience in this field. I met with a future coworker, immediate supervisor, and department head in the final interview. It took about 2 months to hear back about my application, and the rest of the process was over in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Last question: what would you be doing if you weren't in this field?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online at hirealonghorn job site and then I received an availability schedule to fill out and return via email or in person and within a few days I was called in for a group interview/briefing that lasted about 40min

Interview Questions

• very easy, the "interview" was more of a casual talk and briefing on how the job was going to be   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

PeopleSoft Access Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed first on the phone and then in person. The phone interview was very basic but when I interviewed 1 on 1 the questions were a good bit more difficult. I didnt feel like I did all that well in the interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me about integration broker and I was not at the time very fluid with it   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, I accepeted

Assistant Professor, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

They were two interviews one phone call and face -to face

Salary to low

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Phone interview, then panel interview in person.

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Interview was approximately 1 hour with a panel of 3 people--the assistant director of the dept and 2 potential colleagues. Questions were pretty standard and dealt with specific job experience and technical skills. After the interview there is a 45 minute assessment (pen and paper) that requires you to write syntax for data management and analysis using SAS.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

I was an international student. I had a master of science in electrical engineering prior to joining UT Dallas. Basically, I sent my resume to the graduate office and after processing my application, they contacted me. I also contacted a professor in EE department to financially support me and he offer an assistantship.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Your resume will speak   Answer Question