University of Texas System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas System Interview Questions

2.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

I was an international student. I had a master of science in electrical engineering prior to joining UT Dallas. Basically, I sent my resume to the graduate office and after processing my application, they contacted me. I also contacted a professor in EE department to financially support me and he offer an assistantship.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Your resume will speak   Answer Question

Chem Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Odessa, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was very simple, I had already completed one and a half years of undergraduate research with my boss and upon graduating with my degree he asked me to work for him full-time on his grant.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we could do to improve the process for the uses of biomass as a fuel?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Memphis, TN) in July 2008.

Interview

Long delay between applying for job online and being contacted for interview. Interview only consisted of meeting immediate supervisor. Offer made my HR rep. Salary was extremely low compared to other offers for similar positions in the same area. HR was adamant that their offer was competitive but it was $12,000 less than my other offers.

Interview Questions

• No unusual or difficult questions   1 Answer

Salary offer was extremely low.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

Interview

The initial job posting is done through the on campus Career center recruiting.
    The interview consisted of making a presentation to the employer based on the requirements.
    The actual interview consists of questions from the presentation and some technical materials.
    The questions where generally from C/C++/JAVA
    The presentation is from JAVA servlets and JSP

IT Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System in June 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled around 1 week in advance. While scheduling the interview, I was advised that it will be a 1:1 phone conversation with the hiring manager. The actual interview, however, had around 5 or 6 people on the call, using a speaker phone. It was difficult to keep track of who was who, especially because of a poor speakerphone environment.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioural questions focused on dealing with conflict   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System in August 2008.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Contacted by recruiter. 2 phone interviews.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

Interview

I contacted UT HSC for a position of Asst Prof advertized in Science magazine. I had a phone interview initially with the members of the Search Committee and then was invited to an official job interview in Houston. Interview consisted of 1 hour presentation of my results and 1 hour 30 min presentation of my future plans next day and also 1 on 1 interview with faculty members.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas System in February 2008.

Interview

Hiring manager was cool. He really seemed supportive. Interview was like a personality test kind of thing. No personal questions. Purely professional. No skill testers. May be a few real time questions asking us about how would we handle a situation. Result will be given right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you react with an angry customer ?   1 Answer