University of Texas at Arlington Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.0

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Usually with a professor with whom you will work. Received an email with a few questions to answer. After answering the questions on the email, I was asked to come for an interview. It was with the Hiring Manager Ashton and the professor with whom I would be working later on.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain all the skills and projects on my resume   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Texas at Arlington

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I met the person in charge, Debbie Maxey, and told her i desperately need this job. She already knew my face, so she finally agreed. She didn't ask me too many questions, just asked if I will work for at least one year. I said yes and she offered me the job. She also said i can look for internships in summer, but if I decide to leave, I should inform her at least a month ago. And she will not stop me anyway.

Interview Questions

• are you enrolled full time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial Resume and application to be submitted well before the deadline and the process to review the resume and application which includes the GRE and TOEFL scores for international students takes about 3 months and a final list of candidates is listed and are presented with positions

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I didn't have to interview, I knew my hiring supervisor as a former professor. My previous work showed my skill and competency which led me to a direct hire without a formal interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Very easy and laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Personal statement was considered and evaluated, undergraduate GPA was considered and evaluated, research experience was considered and evaluated, GRE and TOEFL both count towards selection of the candidate in the program which is usually quite competitive. Therefore, selection is not an easy process.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Interview

No interview. Just had to fill out an application form for funding.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in August 2010.

Interview

asked about my experience in web designing.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience in web designing?   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in May 2010.

Interview

The chairperson talked to me about my plans to continue as a PhD. student, and then offered the GTA position to me.

Interview Questions

• In which area do you plan to do your dissertation in?   1 Answer
    • Have you talked to your potential dissertation supervisor and has he agreed to work with you ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good but the chairperson tried to hide the number of scholarships he would give to me.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in April 2009.

Interview

The funding for Masters candidate has been reduced and this might hamper the admission of university as well as candidate's level of satisfaction. The funding for Masters candidate has been reduced and this might hamper the admission of university as well as candidate's level of satisfaction. The funding for Masters candidate has been reduced and this might hamper the admission of university as well as candidate's level of satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• The funding for Masters candidate has been reduced and this might hamper the admission of university as well as candidate's level of satisfaction.   Answer Question