University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.4

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. Interviewers were laid back and attentive to what I said. They asked questions that were substantial in determining if I was a good fit for the role. The interview was pretty lax because I had previously done the role as an assistant, and continued working with the company as a full-time student.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself to be adaptable to different work environments.   1 Answer

MBA Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen from hiring manager, followed by a half-day of in-person interviews consisting of one-on-one interview with senior Director, group interview with cross-functional staff and then ends with presentation where they ask you to pitch given a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are conducting an information session to a group of potential applicants to the MBA program - how would you pitch this program to female applicants?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

In-person. Met with the prof the day before at dinner and then the next day for official interview. Not very stressful. Just make sure you can precisely describe your skills and research interests - know what you are talking about.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial 30-minute phone interview followed by in-person interview with panel of five interviewers. Three basic categories of questions - personality, behavioral, and directly related to job description/experience - preprinted for interviewers with space for each to write answers.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview in two 30 minute parts: first with the hiring committee, then with an assortment of current coworkers. When I arrived, the HR representative greeted me and gave an overview of the interview process. Also, I was given a bottle of water and a paid scan card to take care of my parking fee.

Orientation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process includes three portions: A formal interview, a "Show and tell" piece where you talk about different leadership experiences, and a third piece where you do a team project with a group of roughly five people. The formal interview portion takes place in a panel setting, with multiple returning advisors judging your questions. The presentation of leadership experiences is the craftiest portion and the easiest to prepare for because they provide the prompts beforehand. This is also where you can choose to exhibit your skills through the container. The group project occasionally changes, but this year it was a lego challenge. It's simple enough, so long as you are decent at communicating without being overpowering.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you? How would you address campus safety? How should the university address diversity? More questions, very similar to the application.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There were work ethic questions. And, then there were technical questions on an exam. And then I was asked if there was anything I couldn't do that they should know about. And, I said I have a little bit of vertigo.

Interview Questions

• How would I design a fail-safe system to power a motor.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was unusually intense for such a low level position. I was interviewed by 3 people in just under an hour. They asked a series of questions from a paper in which they filled in your answer as you spoke. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming, once the questions began I started to relax.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone Interview. In person Interview with 3 people. Went well offered position took 2 months for hire to go through. Were very communicative during the waiting period but unable to expedite process.

Undergraduate Writing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was done through internship course; actual interview was very brief. Process was very straightforward and interviewer was very personable. The interview occurred at the Writing center, which was a very welcoming environment.