University of Texas at Austin Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas at Austin Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.4

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

I talked to my possible advisers one on one and we talked about my past research experience and what they were doing in their labs. We then discussed possible projects I could work on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Texas at Austin

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Send the resume after taking the class, then was asked to Meet the professor after the class, ask some basic questions abour my previous experimence and what I would like to accomplish after graduation,
    got the opportunity to join his group in the first month, get the GRA for the next semester.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Was calm and cordial with specific questions on the job at hand. The job description was also mentioned and the current problems that needed to be resolved were described in detail.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in programming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very task oriented. They want to know what you can do in terms of previous job tasks. Also, they take a very long time getting back to potential candidates, making it difficult to schedule interviews once they do decide who they are going to interview. Lengthy process for little payout, especially for entry level positions!

Interview Questions

• What about your work history fits the role of this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Setup an interview with a Professor I wanted to work with. Read his recent publications. He spoke to me about his future research directions. Felt like I would be a good fit in the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do research and not take up a full-time job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

I literally just walked into a couple of professor's offices and sent emails and find a professor to do research with pretty quickly. There was really no "interview" process, really. I don't know if any professor formally interviews their students, it seems like most professors at UT are actually quite eager to recruit students if they have room for them. I know professor's will check your file before they decide to hire you on as a graduate student.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

As an international student, need to prepare transcripts from schools, Statement of Purpose aiming for the interested fields for phd program specifically, TOEFL test, GRE, GRE subject, Recommendation letters. No interview actually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

About one month to consider the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

After I get admitted into my department, I send an email to apply for the graduate research assistant of my current supervisor. I had an appointment with her through email. During the meeting in her office, she mainly asked me about my resume and checked my transcript. She also introduced more about the current research projects in the group. She agreed to take me directly after the talk. And I also accepted the offer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

If you are admitted to grad school its basically a shoo in but you are really being interviewed for your group (if you are going for natural sciences). They wine and dine you to make you feel special but its really an evaluation period.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Written application, standardized test scores, undergrad transcripts. Recruitment weekend followed for accepted students