University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at University of Texas at Austin

2.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 286 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (United States)

Interview

Good interview process. I sat down with the administrator I would be working under and we walked through my resume and I answered behavioral questions. I heard back promptly and accepted the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe yourself in five words.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX)

Interview

This experience was specific to the public health department within the school of ecology. I imagine the process varies by department. From application submission to getting hired, it was a little over a month. It's been a well organized and fast-paced interview process, a welcome change to most interview processes with universities. Standard meeting with current faculty during round 1. Round 2: given about 3 days to prepare a mock lecture of 30 mins. Round 3: writing activity.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions during round 1 that allowed me to express my strengths and why I was a strong candidate for this position. I was also given an opportunity to ask questions of the faculty.
  • What is your prior experience relevant to this position?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (United States)

Interview

Two interviews in back-to-back weeks via video calling. Interviewers are very nice and pleasant and provided a well-balanced interview with serious work-related questions and personal questions as well to really get a good judge of character 4 personality

Interview Questions
  • What is a part of your personality that you don't always Express at work
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (United States)

Interview

Really good! Emphasis on Electrical and Computer Engineering is evident given their national ranking, and expect out of the box thinking in applications. They have a panel asking you about past experience and experience in computing.

Interview Questions
University of Texas at Austin
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX)

Interview

There is a group interview process and an individual interview process. They are checking to see who is empathic, flexible and able to work on a team. Make sure to answer the question.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you helped someone through a difficult time?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (United States)

Interview

I applied for the job online and received an email a few weeks later to set up a time for an interview. The interview was with six people from the college and lasted about 40 minutes. I received an email a few weeks later letting me know I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What experiences do you have with academic advising in the past?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (United States)

Interview

At such a large university, this can vary depending on department. I would say hiring committee was very pleasant and friendly. First 30 minutes were with management team. Last 30 minutes were with a larger committee from the office.

Interview Questions
  • How would co-workers describe you?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (United States)

Interview

It was a group interview wherein prospective tutors introduced themselves then were paired together. Each one taught a concept to one another while current tutors walked around performing evaluations. The atmosphere was overall relaxed and non-stressful.

Interview Questions
University of Texas at Austin
Application

Interview

The interview for this job in the office assisting was streamlined, interesting, easy-going, not stressful at all. I felt very comfortable answering my interviewer's questions and getting to know the job responsibilities. The overall experience was delightful in that I enjoyed speaking with my potential employer and felt listened to and respected as a prospective employee.

Interview Questions
University of Texas at Austin
Application

Interview

Interviewer was late and unprepared, asked questions outside of position, never made eye contact, asked personal questions I was not comfortable that is all thirty words seems like a long amount am I done yet

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 286