University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Texas at Austin

2.4

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin in February 2014.

Interview

one on one meeting with IT Supervisor, basic easy going interview, no trick questions, relaxed environment, the supervisor was extremely kind and never made me feel pressured, was open to me asking questions about the position

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied by referral from student organization.It was very quick, but informative interview process. I accepted it to help out international students. They also required a demo presentation of a study abroad program.

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Took 3 weeks before I got called.

1) The manager of the position I applied for called me. Had a 30 minute phone interview with her. She was impressed and moved me to the next round which was to speak with the Director. This took 2 weeks. (Round 1)

2) Director called me for a 30 minute phone interview (Round 2). Passed with flying colours and she re-iterated that she would love to bring me in for the third round.

3) Met with the team on campus (Round 3). Took 1 hour. Shook hands, smiled, answered questions, and figured I got the offer.

4) My references were contacted and all gave raving reviews. I was looking forward to receiving the offer based on the interactions and follow-up emails after the interviews. Everyone was engaged BUT.....

They closed the position due to budget restrictions out of no where. I had to follow up and ask when they would be making a final decisions. I asked after my references gave me the go-ahead a week later. I e-mailed the manager and asked for an update but in a rude way she replied "sorry the position is closed we wish you the best on your career ahead". I swear I knocked this interview out of the park. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. Words of advice, give it your all at interviews but don't put your emotions into it...its just another job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you recruit corporate partners?
      Tell us 2 things your former supervisors would say about you?
      What do you know about UT?
      I had to present a PPT in the role of a outreach coordinator and the panel were potential companies. Impressed them.
      List anything we should know about you that is not on your resume?
      Why do you want to work for UT?   Answer Question

Contracts Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

When I was initially contacted to set-up the interview, I was told that I would be speaking to two people over the phone. However, when the interview began there were six people on the conference call and I had no idea who was asking me each question. It was all very scenario driven with none of the typical getting to know you type questions. After I answered each question, they were silent as they took notes, so there were a lot of awkward silences. At one point they even put me on mute for a while, which was pretty shocking. I prepared pretty significantly, but I still found the questions very difficult. Overall, not a good experience, but I think it varies pretty significantly from each department.

Interview Questions

• What would you want to include in the Warranties provision of an SaaS contract?   Answer Question

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was average, nothing too complicated. They asked the regular questions that one will more than likely get asked at any other job interview. There were plenty of positions open, so I think just as long as you did well on the interview you would get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? A time you've had to overcome an disagreement with a peer? What's your availability?   1 Answer

Parking Attendant Interview

Interview

Conducted a phone interview that lasted about 5-10 minutes. They were a little concerned that I had no prior cash handling experience. Interview was very short and cordial.

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Process took awhile - initial phone interview followed by in person. Overall took around a month.

Pleasant meeting with everyone - people seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Really fun atmosphere!

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard. First a telephone screening, then a three person panel interview followed by a several part written test portion, then a second panel interview with the entire team and director. The contact was friendly throughout the process, as was each person I met. The panel team asked interesting questions, some behavioral. Following two interviews, I would have expected some sort of final response, but there was no further contact, not even a boilerplate rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the supervisor advised you to change your assessment and you did not agree with it?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I applied to this job online. The PI phoned me about a week later, inquiring about my experience, whether I wished to work full time or part time, and what my goals were long term.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised to be asked whether I wished to work part time for a full time job posting. I was also taken aback by the bored PI. It seemed he phoned me because he had to. Finally it was most unexpected to be phoned on my mobile out of the blue.   1 Answer
    • I was asked a lot of details on my previous research experience: methods, protocols etc.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Very detailed questions about your past work experience. I had to explain exact work procedures, how I structured my work and which skills I have earned are gonna be useful for the job. I was hoping it would not last long, but it did. It was not that painful as one might think. Just a little annoying.