University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2018

2.4

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submitted my application online. Heard back from hiring manager a few days later and scheduled a quick 30-minute phone screen. Several days later, I was asked to come in for the in-person interview with the Director of the group. After four or five days, I was sent the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation and how'd you resolve it?   2 Answers

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

went well. they asked me simple questions but challenging enough to qualify me. I found out about them through a class but they had applicants who weren't UT affiliated. overall it was a good experience

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Took 3 weeks before I got called.

1) The manager of the position I applied for called me. Had a 30 minute phone interview with her. She was impressed and moved me to the next round which was to speak with the Director. This took 2 weeks. (Round 1)

2) Director called me for a 30 minute phone interview (Round 2). Passed with flying colours and she re-iterated that she would love to bring me in for the third round.

3) Met with the team on campus (Round 3). Took 1 hour. Shook hands, smiled, answered questions, and figured I got the offer.

4) My references were contacted and all gave raving reviews. I was looking forward to receiving the offer based on the interactions and follow-up emails after the interviews. Everyone was engaged BUT.....

They closed the position due to budget restrictions out of no where. I had to follow up and ask when they would be making a final decisions. I asked after my references gave me the go-ahead a week later. I e-mailed the manager and asked for an update but in a rude way she replied "sorry the position is closed we wish you the best on your career ahead". I swear I knocked this interview out of the park. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. Words of advice, give it your all at interviews but don't put your emotions into it...its just another job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you recruit corporate partners?
      Tell us 2 things your former supervisors would say about you?
      What do you know about UT?
      I had to present a PPT in the role of a outreach coordinator and the panel were potential companies. Impressed them.
      List anything we should know about you that is not on your resume?
      Why do you want to work for UT?   Answer Question

Arts and Entertainment Technologies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

My first interview was a skype interview and lasted about 7 minutes, very cut and dry basic interview questions.
    My second interview was held on campus at UT. I had to create a presentation in which I taught a five minute presentation. I thought the second interview went ok and was informed I would know after the weekend about the committees decision for the role. I did not hear anything from them until I called (four weeks later) in which I talked to a very rude woman in the strategies and policy office. She informed me that the position had already been filled, but seemed a bit confused about what position I was inquiring about.
    After that I was still not certain if the job was filled or not. After a couple of emails and a voicemail that I had left, I still have heard nothing and the position and still says open on the HR website. This is the most unprofessional institution that I have dealt with this far. If you are not going to hire someone please communicate that to them in a timely manner, or at least answer an email.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the music we listen to on our phone comes from?   1 Answer

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviews at UT Rec Sports (for student employees) are usually with the person who will be your supervisor if you get the job. The interview was short (about 30 minutes) and I felt comfortable talking to the interviewer.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I had the interview on phone. It was casual and relaxing. The professor was very friendly and did not ask hard questions. She asked some questions about details in my resume and some lifestyle questions.

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a time for an interview about a week or so after applying. l I had a quick interview that lasted about 20 minutes in person. Friendly interviewer and relatively informal. I was offered the position about two days after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict with a boss or other senior employee?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Process took awhile - initial phone interview followed by in person. Overall took around a month.

Pleasant meeting with everyone - people seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Really fun atmosphere!

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

It was mostly just an application and interview in person. The interview itself was different depending on the position: some were formal interviews while others were group based, nontraditional skill based interview.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

I talked to my possible advisers one on one and we talked about my past research experience and what they were doing in their labs. We then discussed possible projects I could work on.