University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.4

218 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I had the interview on phone. It was casual and relaxing. The professor was very friendly and did not ask hard questions. She asked some questions about details in my resume and some lifestyle questions.

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a time for an interview about a week or so after applying. l I had a quick interview that lasted about 20 minutes in person. Friendly interviewer and relatively informal. I was offered the position about two days after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict with a boss or other senior employee?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Process took awhile - initial phone interview followed by in person. Overall took around a month.

Pleasant meeting with everyone - people seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Really fun atmosphere!

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

It was mostly just an application and interview in person. The interview itself was different depending on the position: some were formal interviews while others were group based, nontraditional skill based interview.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

I talked to my possible advisers one on one and we talked about my past research experience and what they were doing in their labs. We then discussed possible projects I could work on.

Interview Questions

Interview

Inter view was by the lab supervisor, and it went easy. Just several questions about how good are you to handling tools, how long are you planning to work here, can you lift 20lbs.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is a wrench?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Interview with your direct principle investigator and other laboratory members. It was an one day visit and took about 30 min in each person. There was no compensation for traveling and moving fees.

Interview Questions

• What is your former research and your accomplishment   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Applied through my mentor and word of mouth. The interview process was in person in the office. It was pretty easy and there weren't any hard questions. The interviewer was very friendly.

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. Interviewers were laid back and attentive to what I said. They asked questions that were substantial in determining if I was a good fit for the role. The interview was pretty lax because I had previously done the role as an assistant, and continued working with the company as a full-time student.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself to be adaptable to different work environments.   1 Answer

STEM Tutor Interview

Application

Interview

Emailed manager my resume, next day scheduled time to come into office within the next week. Interview was one on one with hiring manager and questions were mostly behavioral. How you would handle difficult situations because students coming to for tutoring will be difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me how you would tackle a problem you don't necessarily know how to solve.   Answer Question