University of Texas at Austin Desktop Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas at Austin Desktop Support Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. Interviewers were laid back and attentive to what I said. They asked questions that were substantial in determining if I was a good fit for the role. The interview was pretty lax because I had previously done the role as an assistant, and continued working with the company as a full-time student.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself to be adaptable to different work environments.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

The interview was very scripted. Questions were broad and didn't really test job-specific knowledge. It was a bit painful, to be honest and felt completely fake. Two people were in the room. I really think they would have hired anyone, a lesson I soon learned when I got the job and started engaging with my co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time when you ___? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

Phone interview reviewing knowledge of PC and Apple support technologies.
    In-person interview with 3 managers describing more personality and concrete examples.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Due to budget issues, only able to negotiate slightly. Despite experience, wasn't able to reach more than one step above entry level salary.