University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.4

Interview

Send the resume after taking the class, then was asked to Meet the professor after the class, ask some basic questions abour my previous experimence and what I would like to accomplish after graduation,
    got the opportunity to join his group in the first month, get the GRA for the next semester.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

Team interview and one-on-one interviews. Just like for any program coordinator position within UT Austin. However they dodged any qn regarding the reason as to why the previous person who had held this position left.

Orientation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process includes three portions: A formal interview, a "Show and tell" piece where you talk about different leadership experiences, and a third piece where you do a team project with a group of roughly five people. The formal interview portion takes place in a panel setting, with multiple returning advisors judging your questions. The presentation of leadership experiences is the craftiest portion and the easiest to prepare for because they provide the prompts beforehand. This is also where you can choose to exhibit your skills through the container. The group project occasionally changes, but this year it was a lego challenge. It's simple enough, so long as you are decent at communicating without being overpowering.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you? How would you address campus safety? How should the university address diversity? More questions, very similar to the application.   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Intially sent emails to cue their interest. A few days later had a scheduled phone interview. A few days after that had a face-to-face. Met with part of the team for Q&A and then a prepared presentation in the presentation room. Was good overall. Be sure to have a full presentation with hand-outs, audience interaction, and a structure presentations

Interview Questions

• * How did you turn around a bad situation?
      * What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
      * How has your work background prepared you for this job?
      1 Answer

Learning Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by a half day attendance on campus with group interviews, a presentation, and a final interview. I was contacted by the hiring department to set up an interview date and then sent instructions for preparing a presentation. Day of interview, given instructions on where to park, was given breakfast although I was too nervous to really eat ( a nice gesture but perhaps not entirely considerate), and given a brief tour of the department.

During the actual interview, I was given an empty office to leave my things and supposedly relax during the different interview sections, but I wasn't left there long enough to take a breather, I thought. First portion of interview consisted of the presentation I was to give in front of staff and student employees. Was a somewhat large group of people, although I was warned of that.

Afterwards, large group asked me many questions regarding the position. Was given a ten minute break in empty office, then moved to another smaller group interview. Finally was moved to another interview with department head and then released.

Interview was fine, but the follow-up process was not. After a month of not hearing anything, I reviewed my application in the EID section on the UT HR website where a note said I was sent a rejection notice. I had not received said notice, so I emailed hiring department to inquire and was ignored. Still have not received notice and was never responded to by hiring department. Although it's fine I was not hired for the position, I think it was rather unprofessional to be ignored, particularly when I was responsible for preparing a 20 minutes presentation that I spent a week preparing and when the staff was otherwise very receptive to my questions before the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to prepare a staff meeting for the other specialists to draft a training program for the student employees, what would it look like?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There were work ethic questions. And, then there were technical questions on an exam. And then I was asked if there was anything I couldn't do that they should know about. And, I said I have a little bit of vertigo.

Interview Questions

• How would I design a fail-safe system to power a motor.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was unusually intense for such a low level position. I was interviewed by 3 people in just under an hour. They asked a series of questions from a paper in which they filled in your answer as you spoke. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming, once the questions began I started to relax.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

I did not have interview and the offer was based on other aspects such as SOP and exam scores. After I get accepted, I had a qualifying exam in the second year of graduate school. The exam was not difficult and the committees are very helpful to figure out/ solve problems.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to calculate the number of magnons at room temperature.   Answer Question

Research Fellos Interview

Interview

The supervisor for the position invited me for lunch and asked me about my research experience and if I have peer reviewed papers. It was a very informal interview. The supervisor was a very nice and respectful person.

Interview Questions

• If I wrote peer reviewed papers while in my previous position   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone Interview. In person Interview with 3 people. Went well offered position took 2 months for hire to go through. Were very communicative during the waiting period but unable to expedite process.