University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.4

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. Interviewers were laid back and attentive to what I said. They asked questions that were substantial in determining if I was a good fit for the role. The interview was pretty lax because I had previously done the role as an assistant, and continued working with the company as a full-time student.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself to be adaptable to different work environments.   1 Answer

STEM Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Emailed manager my resume, next day scheduled time to come into office within the next week. Interview was one on one with hiring manager and questions were mostly behavioral. How you would handle difficult situations because students coming to for tutoring will be difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me how you would tackle a problem you don't necessarily know how to solve.   Answer Question

MBA Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen from hiring manager, followed by a half-day of in-person interviews consisting of one-on-one interview with senior Director, group interview with cross-functional staff and then ends with presentation where they ask you to pitch given a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are conducting an information session to a group of potential applicants to the MBA program - how would you pitch this program to female applicants?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone screen followed by a panel interview with about 6-7 people. The usual behavioral type questions. The overall vibe is pretty informal (business casual, definitely don't dress up too much)

Application

Interview

Interview was great. Colleagues were kind and supportive and they did their best to present good sides of your past experience and potentials. The whole process was long, but once you get on board everything goes pretty smooth.

Student Interview

Interview

process was not too difficult. asked some personality questions and went through my resume and looked for elaborations on my experience and activities. asked about some of my favorite classes

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

In-person. Met with the prof the day before at dinner and then the next day for official interview. Not very stressful. Just make sure you can precisely describe your skills and research interests - know what you are talking about.

Parking Attendant Interview

Interview

Conducted a phone interview that lasted about 5-10 minutes. They were a little concerned that I had no prior cash handling experience. Interview was very short and cordial.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial 30-minute phone interview followed by in-person interview with panel of five interviewers. Three basic categories of questions - personality, behavioral, and directly related to job description/experience - preprinted for interviewers with space for each to write answers.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview in two 30 minute parts: first with the hiring committee, then with an assortment of current coworkers. When I arrived, the HR representative greeted me and gave an overview of the interview process. Also, I was given a bottle of water and a paid scan card to take care of my parking fee.