University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.4

Undergraduate Writing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was done through internship course; actual interview was very brief. Process was very straightforward and interviewer was very personable. The interview occurred at the Writing center, which was a very welcoming environment.

International Studies Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I was interviewed twice for the same position & never given an offer. Word on the street is that they give preference to UT Alums and like to hire internally. That's fine, but don't post a vacancy publicly in that case.

GRA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Nothing more than online application. After you are accepted for Ph.D degree all the student meet all the professor and then you will fill a list of your preferences (pref. for adviser and research topic)

Recruitment Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process varies depending on the department. The department I interviewed with consisted of an in person interview with the interview team. From the date of applying online, it took about a month to have my application reviewed and be scheduled for an interview. Once interviewed it took about a month to complete the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Email the professor of which the class you're interested in TA-ing. The professor will setup an interview if necessary. Probably he/she will need to see all candidates. After that, most professors will contact the candidates about whether or not they will hire you. However, different departments may have different type of process. In some depts, the graduate coordinator will handle every TA allocation, rather than the professors themselves.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken this class? What's your grade? How confident you are in something.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Was calm and cordial with specific questions on the job at hand. The job description was also mentioned and the current problems that needed to be resolved were described in detail.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in programming?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview then In Person Interview. The phone interview was actually using Skype so it was a video conference interview because I live out of town. The in person interview included a panel of department leadership as well as a person who was recently hired. I'm doubting that person answered the questions I was asked.

Interview Questions

• Were not standard. They were super specific to the position as if I were already int he role and being asked what my plan of action was for the project without any additional knowledge.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very task oriented. They want to know what you can do in terms of previous job tasks. Also, they take a very long time getting back to potential candidates, making it difficult to schedule interviews once they do decide who they are going to interview. Lengthy process for little payout, especially for entry level positions!

Interview Questions

• What about your work history fits the role of this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

There was no real interview process just an application and questions about what you want to do in the future. There is no real interview process, you just talk to the Research Educator about your future plans and what project you'd like to work on during the summer from there he will consider your best fit.

Interview Questions

• Will you have any other obligations over the summer?   1 Answer
    • Will you be able to attend at least one of the daily group meetings each week?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Questions pertaining to research interests, programs, codes, all technical information what type of program would you use for this type of data, analysis, etc. Have you read our paper? what did you think ? where are the holes ??