University of Texas at Austin Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas at Austin Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process in which I contacted my desired lab and was able to schedule an interview within days. The university's descriptions of available lab openings made it simple to see which ones best suited my abilities and which I felt most excited about. When it was time to meet with the PI, we met in her lab and she described the multitude of studies they were running at the time. She asked me what study sounded most exciting to me and what skills I could add to the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Texas at Austin

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Two interviews, one with each of the two managers at the lab. Simply asked me about my skills using LabVIEW, my goals, and my interest in the area of research and lasers.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I sent an email to the laboratories I was interested in, and received a few requests for interviews. After that, I met with Principal Investigators and answered a few of their questions.

Interview Questions

• How committed are you to pursuing research as a career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I went and talked to a professor and asked if I could work for her and she said yes. I asked what skills I needed and she told me and I learned those skills. It was very easy and laid back, if you are a student in UT in the sciences you should absolutely do research, it is really good for your career.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there, what was I interested in doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

They would ask you behavior questions like "Why are you interested in research?" They also ask you your relevant coursework. If you haven't take the course relevant to the research, they will teach you during the weekly checkpoints. You do have to know the basic lab safety and procedures. The teacher assistant will interview you, not the professor. The interview is less than 30 minutes and there is no contract. They would like to meet the team as well.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

skype, for about 30min. I asked the future plan for my research and what the expectation was. Then, I ask what the research are in the lab. During the whole interview, we exchanged the ideas for research. In addition, the requirement for graduation, and how long it will be, as well as the internship in summer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin in May 2011.

Interview

not much, just some conversation with professor

Interview Questions

• what kind of research topic you are interested?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing