University of Texas at Austin Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Texas at Austin

1.9

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Inter view was by the lab supervisor, and it went easy. Just several questions about how good are you to handling tools, how long are you planning to work here, can you lift 20lbs.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is a wrench?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Texas at Austin

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I simply submitted my resume through GURU and received an email from the graduate student. He asked for a simple meet and greet. I was not expecting a full interview. He went through each and every line of my resume and asked me to explain each role and how I can apply those skills to the new position. Make sure the experiences you have listed on your resume relate somehow to the position you want.

Interview Questions

• 'Please tell me how *insert past position* will help you succeed as a researcher in our lab.'   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Did not have to interview at all. It was a research position so I just asked a professor if I could join his lab. He said yes so I joined that day. Thats all really. Not more to say here. Thanks and good by.

Interview Questions

• there were none. It was a university position for an undergrad at that university to no questions to answer.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

During office hours, He asked if I would like to do research with him because I was getting really great grades in his class. There really wasn't much to it other than that. I don't think that I would've gotten the offer though if I had just been preforming at an average level.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a formal interview process, but he did ask me about my background and past work experience and what classes I liked best   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin in March 2014.

Interview

I first obtained an email, which was a few days after finishing an online application. I then was offered the internship position, and spoke with someone. it was not very formal, and it makes sense since it was only for the summer and meant to give an undergrad research experience.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I got this job by a stroke of luck, really. I don't know if I could repeat the process and get the job again, if I were in the same situation today. Our departmental advisor sent out an email requesting a student for a vague job, I responded, the graduate student contacted me, and we talked for about 10 minutes and he hired me.

Interview Questions

• My specific availability and pushed me to commit to a certain number of hours, then and there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. It was as easy as walking in and asking for the job. You really just have to be persistent and keep looking for a professor that needs undergraduate labor.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Quick interview reviewing the previous papers written by the lab to make sure that you understand the goals of the lab. We spent about 20 minutes talking about the actual lab work and 40 minutes chit-chatting. Overall the interview was easy, but the work was challenging and fun. This could easily vary depending on who your supervisor is so prepare accordingly.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

There was no real interview process just an application and questions about what you want to do in the future. There is no real interview process, you just talk to the Research Educator about your future plans and what project you'd like to work on during the summer from there he will consider your best fit.

Interview Questions

• Will you have any other obligations over the summer?   1 Answer
    • Will you be able to attend at least one of the daily group meetings each week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Informal meeting with a professor. Questions about my experience and education level. He wasn't looking for anything specific, just wanted to get to know me and double check what I wrote on my resume. He briefed me on expectations for the job. Mostly rock crushing.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work? If I am interested in research/grad school?   Answer Question