University of Texas at El Paso Interview Questions in El Paso, TX | Glassdoor

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Undergraduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with not very many questions. Very friendly, described the interview as a conversation to get to know me. The interviewers were very non-threatening, though it did take them a while to actually organize themselves to call me in for the interview.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Met with the department directors and main people I would interact with. The questioning process was very adequate to the work description. Thanks to the interview I got a better sense of what the job will be about and they made it clear they would help me along the way just in the interview. They made sure university spirit was a priority to me as a candidate as well.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time you enhance the school's spirit to a group of students.   Answer Question

Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I didn't have one as I'm studying a construction management master degree, they knew that I had what they're looking for, so, a laid-back talk with the industrial safety program for about 20 minutes and walk out with an internship position, starting with the next semester (applied on December and started the next January).

Interview Questions

• Do you have issues to work with us and keep studying your master degree?   Answer Question

Physics Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I called the office and applied for the job, I got a call back 2 weeks later and we set up an interview at their office. Once we had the interview, they had called me back the next day and offered me the position, which I accepted. It was an easy interview, only one supervisor and the boss were giving the interview, and they asked very easy going questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a difficult situation that you overcame?   Answer Question
    • Q: What classes have you taken that you feel can help you in this position?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online and was contacted for an on-site interview a few days later. The head of the research group was familiar with my work, so we discussed other experience listen in my CV. We later discussed my personal goals and the group's research goals. After the interview I was told I would get an offer, which I received a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• We discussed the experience listed in my CV.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I apply online, I had my first interview with my supervisor, and the second interview was with my supervisor and the Executive Director of the department. I got the offer the same day of my second interview.

Interview Questions

• How had the university impacted my life/   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basically this is going to be a minimum wage job, but you will learn a lot of important tasks for your future job.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Jobmine and received a call for an interview about 2 weeks later. Once I scheduled my interview, I was advised about dress code and the semi-professional environment. The day of my interview I got asked about previous job experience and what if scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an issue where you dealt with an upset, angry, annoyed student? If so, how did you resolve this problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For others considering this offer, I would highly encourage this position because it is a position many students need for guidance, plus there are many benefits in being a UTEP employee.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

They had pre selected candidates so rather than having an interview they just called you in to sign a contract. They pre select candidates from resumes only, I had a terrible recomendation letter and still landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your graduate plans?   1 Answer

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

You will be asked a series of questions from management or supervisors. That is for the interview, initially they will call you and tell you when and where to come in. Once you do you will be taken to the back and they will give you a small tour of the pit and then you will be interviewed. All in all not too bad, they are very nice and open to your responses will limited judgement.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a leader or a follower?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very competitive interview, you get first invited to a meeting session called a carousel that has different activities to weed out applicants out of the selection. Then get invited to interview several days after they evaluate each member that participated in the carousel. You have to be careful in being too shy or coming out strong when you participate in the different activities. Make share to have great leadership qualities. The interview process is done by a panel giving you different question regarding leadership background.

Interview Questions

• What ideas can you bring to develop a community ?

Are leaders born or made?   Answer Question