University of Texas at El Paso Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Texas at El Paso

2.4

Peer Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview. Approzimatley 5 people. They asked me to do a presetnation. They observe my communication skills. They looked for a leader, and outstanding student.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer a week later.

Associate Dean Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview with college leadership that involved Dean of the college of pharmacy, chair of the department of pharmaceutical science, chair of pharmacy practice, interim associate Dean of clinical affairs and associate Dean of research from other biomedical science. The interview lasted for about 45 min. After over three months was informed that the college is not ready to hire for this position at the moment and the position is abandoned.

Interview Questions

• What is your research leadership philosophy?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Interview

Human Resources scans resumes and they select a pool that will then be sent to the actual department doing the hiring. The department reviews the resumes and calls people for an interview. The interview committee is big and with people from different departments that have little knowledge on the practices of the office.

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

10 minute interview about what you know about computers and what major you are in, including talking about your major, history with computers and if you know how to troubleshoot, a little bit about how the day to day job experience is.

Interview Questions

• What operating system do you use?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Interview

Prior to applying, a research outline and mentoring professor had to be secured. A proposal for a multidisciplinary board was to be submitted for review.

Interview Questions

• What other directions might be available if you had to pursue another project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process in this capacity. You were however allowed to create your own schedule with your mentoring professor to maintain a maximum number of hours you could work for in one week.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Interview

job was posted on goldmine, if you are a student from utep its fairly easy to get an interview.
    most people get intimidated by the requirements, but they also know most students dont know everything, so just apply if you want the position you might get it. when I applied I believe there were only 3 other candidates, and me and other person got the positions.

Interview Questions

• how would you help someone(troubleshoot) who says that you sent him an email, but for him/her the email appears to be blank.   2 Answers

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

They had pre selected candidates so rather than having an interview they just called you in to sign a contract. They pre select candidates from resumes only, I had a terrible recomendation letter and still landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your graduate plans?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Interview

After being accepted for the position I was sent to an interview with my future boss. He requested to interview me and the other applicant at the same time, in front of his research team. The questions were very basic and the only thing he was looking for was confidence.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do research?   1 Answer
    • Why do you need this job?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

There is no practical interviewing process, it mostly depends on the faculty you want to work for. You sit one and one and have a casual conversation about your interests and what you are capable of doing

Undergraduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with not very many questions. Very friendly, described the interview as a conversation to get to know me. The interviewers were very non-threatening, though it did take them a while to actually organize themselves to call me in for the interview.