University of Texas at San Antonio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas at San Antonio Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.5

Lecturer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

No phone interview. I was invited for an on-campus interview with several faculty and a program coordinator. We talked for about an hour, and I was given a tour of the facilities. I received an offer via phone a short time later.

Interview Questions

• How does this position align with your overall career goals?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience relevant to this position.   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a course revision/improvement you've made and how did you determine if it was successful?   Answer Question

Faculty, Cyber Security Interview

Interview

Telephone interview was scheduled and completed. Follow up thank you e-mail. Two weeks later asked for a status on the process and received no answer. Found out later that the position was still open and it still showed my status as having been sent to the hiring authority. The interview was in December it is now March.

Interview Questions

• What are you research interests?
      Who would you like to research with?   Answer Question

Blank Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

Received contact for initial phone interview 2 months after applying. One week later interviewed in person with a panel. Came in for background check. Received official offer 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work outside of normal hours, meaning nights and weekends, if needed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

I was required to discuss my relevant experiences that would make me capable of successfully completed the job. I was also asked about relevant experiences working with a team.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had teaching peers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in February 2017.

Interview

It was really great conversations with the professors in Information Systems and Cyber Security department. I prepared for a day and I think I did good job on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose us?
      Which research do you want to do in the future?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

interview for a solution engineer position it took 30 mins by phone, generally was a good experience,i learned a lot, the interviewee was very supporting and a good listener, he gave me positive feed back

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, one with staff members as a panel and one with supervisor. It started early and lasted for a few hours as things were running late. I filled out a background check before leaving and they also called my references. The two interviews were on the same day making it easier to attend.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very smooth and well run. Everyone involved was welcoming and eager to answer all questions about the position. I came away with a very good impression of the department and the school based on the day-long interview process. The schedule was not overly demanding, which can be the case at other universities.

Enrollment Services Officer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

You apply online through UTSA's job website. They did not take long in contacting me; maybe a fortnight. I was asked to come in to interview the week after. The interview was short questions that were scripted. The interview itself was mildly uncomfortable. The interviewers were in a hurry, and I'm not quite sure they even paid attention. They said at the interview that they would contact everyone regardless of whether they had been offered the position or otherwise, but I have yet to hear back over a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a decision based on something possibly unethical.   Answer Question

Student Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people, one was the Director, the other was his assistant and the last one was the front desk lady. The interview took about thirty minutes. I was then offered the job and to start right away. They went into detail about the interview