University of Texas at San Antonio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two different supervisors, questions were mainly behavioral questions like tell me about yourself, and other technical questions about blackboard, word, excel, power point. Behavioral questions like Tell me about a situation of stress at work and how you handled it?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation of stress at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring was base on my ability to interact with customer. I was also asked about my knowledge with computers, network, office products, printers, account management. I was also asked about my major, they prefer students who's major is in computer science.

Interview Questions

• Describe parts of a computer?
      Can you describe how you would set up a network printer?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in August 2010.

Interview

You submit your resume and it will take about two to three weeks for you to get a call. Then they will schedule an interview with you and it usually will last about 15 to 20 minutes. The supervisor will be there with maybe one or two more lab assistants. Everyone very friendly. They will ask a set of questions and then explain what the job duties are and let you ask any questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• There really are not any difficult questions. It mostly about your experience, strengths and weaknesses, what is great customer service.. things like that but nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since its a lab assistant position there is a set hourly pay

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

If you know someone who works here, then the interview process is almost non-existent. They are big on personality and require a personality test. Overall it is a social position.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

I sat in at many interviews while I was a Facility Manager at the Campus Recreation. It is a laid back interview. Dress should be at least business casual for student interviews. The employees are really nice especially the professional staff. Use the word "initiative" in your interview. Something like "I am always one to step up and take initiative.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us why you would like to work with the Operations Staff in Campus Recreation?   Answer Question
    • 2. This position includes customer service, sales, answering the phones, cleaning, and monitoring your peers what previous experiences will assist you with this position?   Answer Question
    • 3. How do you plan to balance the job requirements with your academic & other commitments?   Answer Question
    • 4. What motivates you to do a good job?   Answer Question
    • 5. What type of work environment are you the most comfortable?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I was given three separate interviews. The first was a phone interview where I was initially "screened" to confirm my interest in the job. Next followed two separate in-person interviews with a panel of five people. In each, I was questioned for little over an hour about my qualifications and experience. Following the third and final interview, I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• "What experience has made you qualified for this job?"   1 Answer
    • "How have you dealt with difficult people in the past?"   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Easy questions if you have experience. This is a very entry level position so there wasn't a lot of difficulty to answering the questions. I would recommend you review all of your prior experience before the interview as they asked a lot of questions about previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UTSA?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two professors and involved basic questions about prior experience, course work, yourself. There were no technical questions involved. Motive to join the Department and the ability to contribute to the ongoing research was tested thoroughly. Overall the process was simple and of average difficulty.How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.

Interview Questions

• How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer without any negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

I was required to discuss my relevant experiences that would make me capable of successfully completed the job. I was also asked about relevant experiences working with a team.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had teaching peers?   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in August 2011.

Interview

Find a professor that you would like to do research with/for meet with them, bring resume if you aren't already acquainted. Its best to go for one you have had or are about to take a class with. Stress to them how you really want to get in to research and that you would really like to work in there lab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation just go to work.