University of Tokyo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Tokyo Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Tokyo

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

Submit CV that was specific format to the University of Tokyo. Internal interview with the professor and the other assistant professors at the particular lab. Research presentation to the institution wide audience as a seminar. And closed research presentation to the hiring committee that was organized by the professors of the institution.

Interview Questions

• Scientific questions about the future plan of my research.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tokyo.

Interview

After communicating with my supervisor via email I visited the University for the interview and I met with my prospective supervisor and discussed my previous research from my Masters and also Phd. We also discussed my research proposal if I joined the lab and what my research interests were. I was encouraged to apply for the JSPS scholarship for funding although funding was also available from the lab.

Interview Questions

Interview

The irst round was the telephone interview by Prof or other researchers. Basic Questions were about your purpose. How did you know about Prof. ? Why did you want to join us? What were your skills? What can you contribute to us? What were your previous studies? Actually if Prof. would like to have you, there is no problem about these questions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tokyo in October 2009.

Interview

Only a simple interview done by 5-6 professors supposedly from different fields.
    The questions are general question .e.g, what are my interests, why choosing this university..
    The difficulty of the exam is also asked in the interview, but nothing mattered in particular.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tokyo (Tokyo (Japan)) in February 2008.

Interview

(1) Contacting by email, answering few technical questions;
    (2) Interview;
    (3) Background check;
    (4) discussing about salaries.