University of Toronto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted via email and offered an interview. A panel of three people interviewed me. It was somewhat awkward as they all frantically scribbled down my answers to their questions.

I did not hear back in the time frame I was given and emailed the HR representative to see where they were in the process. It's been months and I never was contacted with a rejection note or call, which seems unprofessional as well as disrespectful of candidates' time and effort. I took unpaid time off work for the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one interview, scheduled 3 weeks in advanced. There was a panel, and they asked me questions. There was a form that I had to submit that asked for 3 references. The recruiter said that after they have interviewed their candidates they will contact for permission to connect with the references I submitted.

Fundraising At Medical Alumni Association Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call on a weekend followed by an in-person. Phone call very pleasant. Meeting - same. Meeting with Manager and President. What followed was the unpleasant surprise: after a successful in-person interview, references are requested. References are stable. After a week of no news, I called to inquire as i had received another job offer but my preferences were with those guys. The Manager who interviewed me answered the phone and she was so rude, so unpleasant, and so impolite that all my ideas about this organization vanished in a minute. That's how one person ruins the image of a whole organization and everything they do. I am sorry that I ever thought positively of those people. I guess not working there will be for the best. Naturally, I received a rejection e-mail within a day (as was clear from her tone over the phone). What is even more disappointing is that no one agreed to provide me with any feedback why and what I had not met as a requirement. Silence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; job experience; major strengths; one final pitch to sell myself and how I would describe myself in this role.   1 Answer

Pratt Library IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager first come to you and test your overall personality and ask you questions on your resume. Ask for your weakness and how to solve conflicts. Then another guy asks you technical questions. There is a coding test on computer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the two versions of IP address   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial screening phone call with HR. First department interview was 1:1, and the second was with a panel, which included a portfolio presentation. Questions formed a wide range from getting to know you type, to what types of sites inspire you as a designer, and technical-related questions. They also provided plenty of time for me to ask questions as well.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience. Interview was conducted by three people (all in HR). Was asked different questions regarding equity, projects, unionized environments. Questions were relevant to the position and to the department.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I get the interview by applying through university's website. The professor ask me about my basic backgrounds, like what courses am I taking now and my GPA. Then she asked me about specific programming language I can use. What can I do with those programming language?

Interview Questions

• Do u know text mining? Can you use Java to implement text ming?   1 Answer

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews - 1 with HM and HR; Final round with panel of 5 people. Each panelist took turns asking questions - discussion style. HR Interview was behavior questions on leadership, people management innovation and leadership style - who do I admire

DEEP Councellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

A group of 8 students were brought in and the 3 interviewers asked a question and went abound the room expecting each person to answer it. Finally we were set in groups of 2-3 and given an item from abox and had to make a presentation about that item with 5 minutes to prepare. The presentation lasted 2 minutes

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to resolve an issue withing a group.

If a student had a problem with understanding or implementing a new concept what would you do to make it clear to him?

What is your experience dealing with students?
      Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Emailed a scientist for a post-doc position advertised online. Got invited to an interview in a week. The scientist gave me a tour of the lab and then asked for my background. After another four weeks, I was informed another candidate with experiences better matches the lab's object was hired.

Interview Questions

• My past research experience.   1 Answer