University of Toronto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.4

Work/Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online and very straightforward and softball interview. Applied using the job listing for students. Got called in quickly for an interview. Straightforward questions, not at all looking to make me screw up. Got offered the job the next afternoon. It was a pleasure to apply and working for them has been very nice. I go in a couple days a week for a few hours and it is a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences of working in a group and taking leadership?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview by the prof in his office, write code on whiteboard and discuss former experience. Also spend 1 hour talking about my research project. He is interested to see if you have actual coding experience with the programming language. Must be able to demonstrate you not only know the programming knowledge but also programmed a lot yourself.

Pratt Library IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager first come to you and test your overall personality and ask you questions on your resume. Ask for your weakness and how to solve conflicts. Then another guy asks you technical questions. There is a coding test on computer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the two versions of IP address   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience. Interview was conducted by three people (all in HR). Was asked different questions regarding equity, projects, unionized environments. Questions were relevant to the position and to the department.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was a two person panel interview, they took turns in asking questions, while one wrote. They were super friendly and made me feel at ease. The entire process took about 30 minutes, and my references did not have to be professional as this was a work study position, so they just used references from my current profs at the university.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a time conflict   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I did not have an official interview as a teaching assistant. I got a position because I was a graduate student. I guess it depends on which department you are in.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I get the interview by applying through university's website. The professor ask me about my basic backgrounds, like what courses am I taking now and my GPA. Then she asked me about specific programming language I can use. What can I do with those programming language?

Interview Questions

• Do u know text mining? Can you use Java to implement text ming?   1 Answer

Work Study Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy questions. Mainly behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions as they will teach you the specific things later. They just need to ensure that you can learn. The staff was friendly and the interview atmosphere was quite relaxed. Just say what you intended to say and you should be all good.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews - 1 with HM and HR; Final round with panel of 5 people. Each panelist took turns asking questions - discussion style. HR Interview was behavior questions on leadership, people management innovation and leadership style - who do I admire

Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Was a lovely group of people, a bit intimidating, but a warm welcome. Overall I left feeling confident. They took a long time to get back to me however. I submitted by email and they hired me after a week and a half, but I did not start work for a while.