University of Toronto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was a two person panel interview, they took turns in asking questions, while one wrote. They were super friendly and made me feel at ease. The entire process took about 30 minutes, and my references did not have to be professional as this was a work study position, so they just used references from my current profs at the university.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a time conflict   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I did not have an official interview as a teaching assistant. I got a position because I was a graduate student. I guess it depends on which department you are in.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I get the interview by applying through university's website. The professor ask me about my basic backgrounds, like what courses am I taking now and my GPA. Then she asked me about specific programming language I can use. What can I do with those programming language?

Interview Questions

• Do u know text mining? Can you use Java to implement text ming?   1 Answer

Work Study Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy questions. Mainly behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions as they will teach you the specific things later. They just need to ensure that you can learn. The staff was friendly and the interview atmosphere was quite relaxed. Just say what you intended to say and you should be all good.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews - 1 with HM and HR; Final round with panel of 5 people. Each panelist took turns asking questions - discussion style. HR Interview was behavior questions on leadership, people management innovation and leadership style - who do I admire

Application

Interview

Was a lovely group of people, a bit intimidating, but a warm welcome. Overall I left feeling confident. They took a long time to get back to me however. I submitted by email and they hired me after a week and a half, but I did not start work for a while.

Application

Interview

From my experience it is very professor dependent. Usually there are a couple of questions on the content itself. For example, I was asked to write equations and solve them for a statistics course. The second aspect was about teaching style and communication, specifically for students that english may not be their first language.

Interview Questions

• If you dont know the answer to a question that a student asks, how would you respond   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted about a month later for a phone interview. Very fair interview that required you to know how your past skills related and why you were interested in the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy; I interviewed with two professors administering the research. I saw a posting online; submitted a cover letter, resumé and transcript. They got back to me pretty quickly. Decent resumé and good GPA are helpful. Overall experience was positive.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Usually there is no interview although I have heard of cases where there is one, usually for younger students. You just have to apply and you will hear back from them. If your marks are high enough, then that is just what they go off of.