University of Toronto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.5

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process, meet professor and they ask you a number of different questions.
    However, you can bypass the interview process if you've taken the course taught with high grades (90+)

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview

I contacted the Professor with my credentials, she went through my projects and checked out if I knew everything I was looking for and was hired. She was a bit concerned that I might feel let down as the university standards were not as same as the industry standards and I might feel let down.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring new to the team?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

A introduction to the concept that I would be working on. Fairly laid back. Prof seemed cool. Asked me for my preferences and what courses I had taken. Also asked me if I am applying for awards and which ones

Recruitment Ambassador - Work-Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Much shorter than what they claim. Focus less on your experience unless you are very involved in your college. Also asked about your university application process and your high school background. Both my interviewers are quite friendly.

Work Study - EC Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was asked common behavioural interview questions by supervisor and assistant.
    The interviewers were encouraging in their atmosphere of the interview, and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the interview process. The questions were very typical for a customer service position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't know the answer to a question by a client.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor, Tenure Track Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call from chair letting me know they were interested in me as a candidate. Gave me first choice of dates to fly out, about 6 weeks before.

Flown out for 2 nights and three days, although I could have stayed an extra night I think. I would recommend anyone fly into the bigger, non downtown airport. I wish I had.

Day one, flew in and basically found hotel and went to sleep.

Day 2, breakfast with chair. Interviews (30 min each) with faculty, lunch with profs in my specific area, then job talk. Very high tech room, and they recorded it for anyone why wasn't there. Did not expect to be recorded, so was caught off guard that I couldn't pace around. Afternoon more interviews, 30 min each. Dinner downtown.

Next day more interviews, lunch with graduate students. Then a prof gave me a tour of the different neighborhoods I might want to live in.

Overall veyr positive experience. completely fell in love with the city and the University.

Interview Questions

• What courses would you teach? Why are you a good fit? How can you make your research focus more on Canada?   Answer Question

Work/Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online and very straightforward and softball interview. Applied using the job listing for students. Got called in quickly for an interview. Straightforward questions, not at all looking to make me screw up. Got offered the job the next afternoon. It was a pleasure to apply and working for them has been very nice. I go in a couple days a week for a few hours and it is a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences of working in a group and taking leadership?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview by the prof in his office, write code on whiteboard and discuss former experience. Also spend 1 hour talking about my research project. He is interested to see if you have actual coding experience with the programming language. Must be able to demonstrate you not only know the programming knowledge but also programmed a lot yourself.

Pratt Library IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager first come to you and test your overall personality and ask you questions on your resume. Ask for your weakness and how to solve conflicts. Then another guy asks you technical questions. There is a coding test on computer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the two versions of IP address   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial screening phone call with HR. First department interview was 1:1, and the second was with a panel, which included a portfolio presentation. Questions formed a wide range from getting to know you type, to what types of sites inspire you as a designer, and technical-related questions. They also provided plenty of time for me to ask questions as well.