University of Toronto Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.4

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview

I had an informal interview with the supervisor and mostly discussed the scope of the project based on my experiences. I was asked for my resume and transcript for record. After accepting, some administrative things and safety training was required to start work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Toronto

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview

Very brief process. All of my qualifications were discussed and my transcript was also reviewed. I was asked about my research interests and where I saw my education going. I also had the opportunity to engage in discussion with the supervisor and ask more about what would be expected of me in the research position.

Interview Questions

• How does your education or past research experience prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

One-on-one interview. It is very casual. Talk about the courses you've taken and the research project you 've done at school. They also want to know which field are you interested in.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I wrote an email to the professor says I'm interested in the research position, she told me to contact master students in her lab. Then after couple email, she told me to send my CV and transcript. In a week, I got an interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

A introduction to the concept that I would be working on. Fairly laid back. Prof seemed cool. Asked me for my preferences and what courses I had taken. Also asked me if I am applying for awards and which ones

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I get the interview by applying through university's website. The professor ask me about my basic backgrounds, like what courses am I taking now and my GPA. Then she asked me about specific programming language I can use. What can I do with those programming language?

Interview Questions

• Do u know text mining? Can you use Java to implement text ming?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Was a lovely group of people, a bit intimidating, but a warm welcome. Overall I left feeling confident. They took a long time to get back to me however. I submitted by email and they hired me after a week and a half, but I did not start work for a while.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

informal lunch meeting, making me feel very comfortable and therefore able to share answers; felt like a conversation; while it took a while via email to hear from back and lots of follow up, i found that i received the offer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted about a month later for a phone interview. Very fair interview that required you to know how your past skills related and why you were interested in the job.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

You have to talk to the professor and let him know why you want the job. You have to let him/her know that you are in for the experience and you really enjoy the work. You should also mention that it will help you with the practical hours you will need to graduate

Interview Questions

• Why you want the position?
      What would you be able to offer to strengthen the team?   2 Answers