University of Toronto Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.5

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted via email and offered an interview. A panel of three people interviewed me. It was somewhat awkward as they all frantically scribbled down my answers to their questions.

I did not hear back in the time frame I was given and emailed the HR representative to see where they were in the process. It's been months and I never was contacted with a rejection note or call, which seems unprofessional as well as disrespectful of candidates' time and effort. I took unpaid time off work for the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one interview, scheduled 3 weeks in advanced. There was a panel, and they asked me questions. There was a form that I had to submit that asked for 3 references. The recruiter said that after they have interviewed their candidates they will contact for permission to connect with the references I submitted.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Nonexistent - hired on CV alone. Applied through an online system, no interview, informed by email when I had received the job
    I was not interviewed at all. The "interview" consisted of me sending an application (resume and cover letter) through email to the Chair. Overall the experience was nonexistent

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. There was a phone interview first to determine what days I was available, in person interview had 2 interviewers who were friendly librarians. Lasted less than 20 minutes, following the interview there was a library of congress classification test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an unruly or rude customer   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I wrote an email to the professor says I'm interested in the research position, she told me to contact master students in her lab. Then after couple email, she told me to send my CV and transcript. In a week, I got an interview.

Fundraising At Medical Alumni Association Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call on a weekend followed by an in-person. Phone call very pleasant. Meeting - same. Meeting with Manager and President. What followed was the unpleasant surprise: after a successful in-person interview, references are requested. References are stable. After a week of no news, I called to inquire as i had received another job offer but my preferences were with those guys. The Manager who interviewed me answered the phone and she was so rude, so unpleasant, and so impolite that all my ideas about this organization vanished in a minute. That's how one person ruins the image of a whole organization and everything they do. I am sorry that I ever thought positively of those people. I guess not working there will be for the best. Naturally, I received a rejection e-mail within a day (as was clear from her tone over the phone). What is even more disappointing is that no one agreed to provide me with any feedback why and what I had not met as a requirement. Silence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; job experience; major strengths; one final pitch to sell myself and how I would describe myself in this role.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I approached one of the professors first near the beginning of the semester through emails. Some time later he replied and asked for an interview. It was a telephone interview with two professors from the group. A few questions about my motivation, the skills required for the job. Relatively easy, but it really depends on the employer's personality.

Recruitment Ambassador - Work-Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Much shorter than what they claim. Focus less on your experience unless you are very involved in your college. Also asked about your university application process and your high school background. Both my interviewers are quite friendly.

Work Study - EC Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was asked common behavioural interview questions by supervisor and assistant.
    The interviewers were encouraging in their atmosphere of the interview, and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the interview process. The questions were very typical for a customer service position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't know the answer to a question by a client.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor, Tenure Track Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call from chair letting me know they were interested in me as a candidate. Gave me first choice of dates to fly out, about 6 weeks before.

Flown out for 2 nights and three days, although I could have stayed an extra night I think. I would recommend anyone fly into the bigger, non downtown airport. I wish I had.

Day one, flew in and basically found hotel and went to sleep.

Day 2, breakfast with chair. Interviews (30 min each) with faculty, lunch with profs in my specific area, then job talk. Very high tech room, and they recorded it for anyone why wasn't there. Did not expect to be recorded, so was caught off guard that I couldn't pace around. Afternoon more interviews, 30 min each. Dinner downtown.

Next day more interviews, lunch with graduate students. Then a prof gave me a tour of the different neighborhoods I might want to live in.

Overall veyr positive experience. completely fell in love with the city and the University.

Interview Questions

• What courses would you teach? Why are you a good fit? How can you make your research focus more on Canada?   Answer Question