University of Toronto Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted via email and offered an interview. A panel of three people interviewed me. It was somewhat awkward as they all frantically scribbled down my answers to their questions.

I did not hear back in the time frame I was given and emailed the HR representative to see where they were in the process. It's been months and I never was contacted with a rejection note or call, which seems unprofessional as well as disrespectful of candidates' time and effort. I took unpaid time off work for the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one interview, scheduled 3 weeks in advanced. There was a panel, and they asked me questions. There was a form that I had to submit that asked for 3 references. The recruiter said that after they have interviewed their candidates they will contact for permission to connect with the references I submitted.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Nonexistent - hired on CV alone. Applied through an online system, no interview, informed by email when I had received the job
    I was not interviewed at all. The "interview" consisted of me sending an application (resume and cover letter) through email to the Chair. Overall the experience was nonexistent

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. There was a phone interview first to determine what days I was available, in person interview had 2 interviewers who were friendly librarians. Lasted less than 20 minutes, following the interview there was a library of congress classification test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an unruly or rude customer   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I wrote an email to the professor says I'm interested in the research position, she told me to contact master students in her lab. Then after couple email, she told me to send my CV and transcript. In a week, I got an interview.

Fundraising At Medical Alumni Association Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call on a weekend followed by an in-person. Phone call very pleasant. Meeting - same. Meeting with Manager and President. What followed was the unpleasant surprise: after a successful in-person interview, references are requested. References are stable. After a week of no news, I called to inquire as i had received another job offer but my preferences were with those guys. The Manager who interviewed me answered the phone and she was so rude, so unpleasant, and so impolite that all my ideas about this organization vanished in a minute. That's how one person ruins the image of a whole organization and everything they do. I am sorry that I ever thought positively of those people. I guess not working there will be for the best. Naturally, I received a rejection e-mail within a day (as was clear from her tone over the phone). What is even more disappointing is that no one agreed to provide me with any feedback why and what I had not met as a requirement. Silence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; job experience; major strengths; one final pitch to sell myself and how I would describe myself in this role.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I approached one of the professors first near the beginning of the semester through emails. Some time later he replied and asked for an interview. It was a telephone interview with two professors from the group. A few questions about my motivation, the skills required for the job. Relatively easy, but it really depends on the employer's personality.

Recruitment Ambassador - Work-Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Much shorter than what they claim. Focus less on your experience unless you are very involved in your college. Also asked about your university application process and your high school background. Both my interviewers are quite friendly.

Work Study - EC Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was asked common behavioural interview questions by supervisor and assistant.
    The interviewers were encouraging in their atmosphere of the interview, and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the interview process. The questions were very typical for a customer service position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't know the answer to a question by a client.   Answer Question

Work/Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online and very straightforward and softball interview. Applied using the job listing for students. Got called in quickly for an interview. Straightforward questions, not at all looking to make me screw up. Got offered the job the next afternoon. It was a pleasure to apply and working for them has been very nice. I go in a couple days a week for a few hours and it is a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences of working in a group and taking leadership?   Answer Question