University of Toronto Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.5

126 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There is no interview process, however previous teaching experience is quite helpful for being selected as a TA at UofT. Emphasize on your independent abilities, knowledge or the subject you are applying to and you will be fine.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Telephonic HR interview on the day the job posting was closed. Basic q’s by HR. After a couple of days, I was called for an in person technical round with a panel which went on for about 30 mins. Exactly after 2 weeks I was called in for an interview with the directors and it went for 30-45 mins and detailed.

Interview Questions

• Mostly from my resume and generally about ABAP development objects. They were all behavioral questions and the panel was extremely friendly and professional at the same time.   1 Answer
    • Toughest project example?   Answer Question
    • Successful project example?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflicts?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on webdynpros, UI5 and workflows? explain with an example.   Answer Question
    • Interview with directors were similar in nature (behavioral) but had to talk a lot about my experiences.   Answer Question

Work Study Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through Career Learning Network. Submitted my resume but wrote customized detailed cover letters. Got callbacks via phone and email. Went into the interviews shortly after, and received a job offer within a week. Do a lot of research about the specific department before you go in.

Global Learning Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

First there was a group interview with other student candidates for the work- study position, then there was a computer test that determined our excel, Word, and professional email response skills

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a crowd of students outside of your office during the office hour?   Answer Question
    • What advise would you give to an international student at U of T who has had difficulty making friends and is getting homesick!   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you managed a difficult moment you had while you were abroad on your own?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one interview, scheduled 3 weeks in advanced. There was a panel, and they asked me questions. There was a form that I had to submit that asked for 3 references. The recruiter said that after they have interviewed their candidates they will contact for permission to connect with the references I submitted.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Nonexistent - hired on CV alone. Applied through an online system, no interview, informed by email when I had received the job
    I was not interviewed at all. The "interview" consisted of me sending an application (resume and cover letter) through email to the Chair. Overall the experience was nonexistent

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. There was a phone interview first to determine what days I was available, in person interview had 2 interviewers who were friendly librarians. Lasted less than 20 minutes, following the interview there was a library of congress classification test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an unruly or rude customer   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

One-on-one interview. It is very casual. Talk about the courses you've taken and the research project you 've done at school. They also want to know which field are you interested in.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I wrote an email to the professor says I'm interested in the research position, she told me to contact master students in her lab. Then after couple email, she told me to send my CV and transcript. In a week, I got an interview.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

There is no interview process, you just need to apply. You do need to find your own supervisor once you are accepted, but they are generally pretty receptive towards graduate students.