University of Toronto Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.4

Fundraising At Medical Alumni Association Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call on a weekend followed by an in-person. Phone call very pleasant. Meeting - same. Meeting with Manager and President. What followed was the unpleasant surprise: after a successful in-person interview, references are requested. References are stable. After a week of no news, I called to inquire as i had received another job offer but my preferences were with those guys. The Manager who interviewed me answered the phone and she was so rude, so unpleasant, and so impolite that all my ideas about this organization vanished in a minute. That's how one person ruins the image of a whole organization and everything they do. I am sorry that I ever thought positively of those people. I guess not working there will be for the best. Naturally, I received a rejection e-mail within a day (as was clear from her tone over the phone). What is even more disappointing is that no one agreed to provide me with any feedback why and what I had not met as a requirement. Silence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; job experience; major strengths; one final pitch to sell myself and how I would describe myself in this role.   1 Answer

Recruitment Ambassador - Work-Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Much shorter than what they claim. Focus less on your experience unless you are very involved in your college. Also asked about your university application process and your high school background. Both my interviewers are quite friendly.

Work Study - EC Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was asked common behavioural interview questions by supervisor and assistant.
    The interviewers were encouraging in their atmosphere of the interview, and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the interview process. The questions were very typical for a customer service position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't know the answer to a question by a client.   Answer Question

Work/Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online and very straightforward and softball interview. Applied using the job listing for students. Got called in quickly for an interview. Straightforward questions, not at all looking to make me screw up. Got offered the job the next afternoon. It was a pleasure to apply and working for them has been very nice. I go in a couple days a week for a few hours and it is a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences of working in a group and taking leadership?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview by the prof in his office, write code on whiteboard and discuss former experience. Also spend 1 hour talking about my research project. He is interested to see if you have actual coding experience with the programming language. Must be able to demonstrate you not only know the programming knowledge but also programmed a lot yourself.

Pratt Library IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager first come to you and test your overall personality and ask you questions on your resume. Ask for your weakness and how to solve conflicts. Then another guy asks you technical questions. There is a coding test on computer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the two versions of IP address   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience. Interview was conducted by three people (all in HR). Was asked different questions regarding equity, projects, unionized environments. Questions were relevant to the position and to the department.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was a two person panel interview, they took turns in asking questions, while one wrote. They were super friendly and made me feel at ease. The entire process took about 30 minutes, and my references did not have to be professional as this was a work study position, so they just used references from my current profs at the university.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a time conflict   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I get the interview by applying through university's website. The professor ask me about my basic backgrounds, like what courses am I taking now and my GPA. Then she asked me about specific programming language I can use. What can I do with those programming language?

Interview Questions

• Do u know text mining? Can you use Java to implement text ming?   1 Answer

Work Study Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy questions. Mainly behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions as they will teach you the specific things later. They just need to ensure that you can learn. The staff was friendly and the interview atmosphere was quite relaxed. Just say what you intended to say and you should be all good.