University of Twente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Twente Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.9

PhD Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Twente.

Interview

The application procedure was fast and simple. After the application I was offered an interview and asked to prepare an assignment. Travel and accommodation expenses for the interview were reimbursed. The interview lasted 1 hour and conducted by a committee of four. After a supplementary skype interview with two persons, I was offered the position.

Ph D Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enschede (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Twente (Enschede (Netherlands)).

Interview

There was email communications and some queries related to that. After having conversations with the group head and team, I had Phone screening, 1-1 interview, presentation, Meeting with team members.It was overall a great experience. I'm still very happy that I could work there and experience the same.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Enschede (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Twente (Enschede (Netherlands)) in April 2015.

Interview

During interview you will be asked more about the research you already done and it is very important for you to have done sth related to the work you want to focus on in your target group

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Interview with the Professor and other lecturers followed by a presentation for the group.

Interview Questions

• What I thought about moving to eastern parts of Netherlands and learning the language   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Twente.

Interview

after short list, you will be called for an skype interview. if succeed then will be called for face-to-face interview. that meant you have to give a presentation to the group you are applying

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its a standard procedure

Anonymous Employee in Enschede (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Twente (Enschede (Netherlands)) in July 2013.

Interview

I first had a skype interview after which I was called for a personal interview. It took a few days to get a positive reply after which I had a one-on-one interview with the prof and the group members. It was very professional and well organized. The project was well explained to me and I was given the opportunity to meet my colleagues in person.

Interview Questions

• It involved a talk given by me followed by various questions from the group members.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enschede (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Twente (Enschede (Netherlands)) in May 2013.

Interview

A full day spent with group leader, senior scientists and PhD students; continuous exchange of ideas, doubts, research issues. Power-point presentation at the start of the day, than visits and discussions all day long.

Interview Questions

• Presentation of my PhD work and 45 minutes questions   1 Answer

PhD Researcher Interview

Interview

After a position becomes available, resumes will be accepted for a fixed period.
    The pre-selected candidates (normally 2-5) will proceed to the interview, where the candidate will be asked to present a previous work.

Interview Questions

• How is your work different that X? Or, What did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Enschede (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Twente (Enschede (Netherlands)) in March 2013.

Interview

It was rather difficult. 1st stage was the CV and cover screening which took about 1 month. After it i was invited for the personal interview. Nothing special as it was mostly technical. Second stage interview was more difficult. I had face-to-face interview with 3 different professors (one by one) and then i had to give the presentation in front of them. Finally, they wanted me to talk to group members (other PhD students) and give them my opinion about the environment of the group.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical. They wanted me to say what i can do and (sometimes) what i cannot.   Answer Question

Student-assistent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enschede (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Twente (Enschede (Netherlands)) in January 2015.

Interview

Op tijd aangeven bij de hoofddocent dat je interesse hebt om te werken als student-assistent bij zijn/haar vak. Selectie is op basis van cijfers voor relevante vakken en (licht) inhoudelijke sollicitatiegesprekken.