University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics

2.7

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (West Valley City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted initially by HR and they sort of did an over the phone interview. Then via email they set up an in person interview with the manager and supervisors. The total interview was probably 30 minutes and I heard back within a couple of days!

Patient Access Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager who told me that their objective was to qualify candidates that could perform the job. Then they own forward those candidates that met the minimum standards on to a team of peers.
    The peer interview was positive and I received helpful feedback from both the leader and the peers.
    The problem was, within a few months of accepting the job, I learned from experience that the leadership did not actually want honest feedback as they had stated. I remembered the peers being very tentative when I asked about whether or not leadership listens to the staff to improve processes. Therefore, I resigned.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you disagreed with your boss? How didi you communicate it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

We would like to offer you a position at University Hospital.

Patient Access Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It helps to know someone in the department you're trying to hire into. You'll need to get your online application and resume through HR's terrible system, so tailor your resume to meet the job description, using the same terms and vocabulary. Once HR deems you worthy, they forward your resume to the department's management. First, you'll have a peer interview, where you'll get standardized questions approved by HR and asked of every applicant for the position. After that, you'll interview with a manager who will make the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you bent the rules to accomplish a task at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Jobs here are in high demand, and if you don't like what they're offering, there are twenty behind you who'll be happy to take it.

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was by email from HR, followed by a phone call from the hiring department. Interview process involved the team as well as the hiring manager.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary offered as I had researched the ranges and felt it was appropriate.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2018.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was invited to two interviews. The first was to assess my general fit for the intern program and the second was for a specific team. Overall an easy interview process with few technical questions.

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

Interview

We had a group interview (multiple candidates) with the manager, cnc, and admin assistant. They asked a question and we each took a turn answering. The manager was on her phone a few times and seems distracted.
    After the Interview they said they liked everyone so much we should all come back and interview with two hucs... Did that the following week, they divided the 8 of us into two groups of 4.
    Again, asked questions, everyone has a chance to answer.
    I did not appreciate the group interview approach. In my opinion I don't believe you can get a good feel for someone without at least a few minutes one on one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation.
      Weakness/strength   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

Panel interview where I met with the 10 person team with which I would be working. After the interview there was a skills assessment that i completed at a laptop that they provided for. It was a timed assessment checking for attention to detail mostly. I then reviewed the skills assessment with the director of finance. I was then contact later in the week and where they made an offer.

Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely lengthy interview process. Attended an information session and completed a total of 3 in-person group interviews. The group interviews themselves were not awfully challenging, but I interviewed with a lot of different members of the team. The length of the interview process seemed unusually long and I have since learned that there were a few internal issues that slowed down the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about why you are interested to leave your current role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

Interview

Applied online for position, was contacted by HR to schedule phone interview with management from specific department. Spoke with two assistant managers at the time. Phone conversation lasted approximately 30 minutes and was given job offer a couple of days later from HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my personal nursing experience, future goals for myself, projects I wanted to be involved in.   Answer Question

Rehabilitation Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

GROUP INTERVIEW - 15 applicants were invited to interview. We have 1 min to introduce ourselves. Then we were invited back to interview with either the HR recruiter or the physical therapists who we would be working with. It was brutal waiting to get called back. I was second to last to be called back and I thought I had no chance, but I ended up getting the job. So you never know...don't read too much into things.