University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

Interview

The interview process was easy and quick. The hiring process takes a very long time. When you are first hired, you are required to do training and hospital orientation. Regardless of my previous experience, they still made me do a day of phlebotomy and IV class, a few days of computer training and then hospital orientation which is two days. The days are spaced over a span of 2-3 weeks so it is almost a month before you actually start working.

Linen Service Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

After I applied two weeks later. I emailed the manager about the position and got an interview scheduled. The interview was very informal (out in the lobby). Nothing too hard just asked why I want work there, what were my past experiences, and my availability. Then asked for my resume.
    He let me know he would get back to me in the week, and if I didn't hear back from him to "harass" him. So after the deadline no response to my emails about the position. Never heard from him tell I got an email from HR 3 weeks later saying they picked someone else.

HCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very thorough, brief, and good. The management asked simple questions that you would find in most other interviews. There were three interviewees and they were all very nice and patient with me.

Psychiatric Billing and Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

They had me go into a room and about four people asked me questions. It was about 15 minutes long. The people were very friendly and the questions were straight forward.

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

We had a group interview (multiple candidates) with the manager, cnc, and admin assistant. They asked a question and we each took a turn answering. The manager was on her phone a few times and seems distracted.
    After the Interview they said they liked everyone so much we should all come back and interview with two hucs... Did that the following week, they divided the 8 of us into two groups of 4.
    Again, asked questions, everyone has a chance to answer.
    I did not appreciate the group interview approach. In my opinion I don't believe you can get a good feel for someone without at least a few minutes one on one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation.
      Weakness/strength   1 Answer

Healh Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (West Valley City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to multiple jobs on the UofU Hospital website. I interviewed for two jobs in one day. I interviewed for an HCA position with inpatient rehab and an HCA position with the operating room. Both of my interviews were really great. I had a good experience. Both the interviewers made me feel really comfortable. There were no trick questions. Everything was really straight forward and they told me a lot about their unit and what the HCAs job duties are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation. Pay is accurate based on experience.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

Interview

Initially, the first screening was via webcam and I had to answer a series of questions. Two days later I got the call to come and interview with Group/panel containing questions asked in the S.T.A.R. format. A week later I got a phone call with an offer. It was a fairly easy process and I think the keys were to see how the interviewee would match up both with skill-sets as well as meshing well with the team.

Interview Questions

• "Tell Me about a situation where you went above and beyond in you role." "how do handle conflict with another co-worker?" "Have you had a bad experience in customer service? And How did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Very particular and obscure. Panel group interview with several of the members arriving late after the interview had already started. "Cold" personalities with arms crossed and not very open to ideas nor questions. About 5 minutes into the interview I either said or did something wrong because the interview was quickly over. I have 20+ years of experience and have interviewed for multiple positions in the past. I am well aware of questions and how an interviewer and interviewee must spend the time to get to know each other. I did not feel that this was the case and instead felt that they were going through the motions instead.

Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely lengthy interview process. Attended an information session and completed a total of 3 in-person group interviews. The group interviews themselves were not awfully challenging, but I interviewed with a lot of different members of the team. The length of the interview process seemed unusually long and I have since learned that there were a few internal issues that slowed down the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about why you are interested to leave your current role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation.

Clinical Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with laboratory staff for the interview. They asked about my experience, my desires, and what brought me to Utah. We toured the lab and the rest of the department. After the interview and tour, we met with the Department Director, who had much to say about performance expectations. This was a one day event.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to adhere to an early schedule?   1 Answer