University of Utah Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.5

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. One phone interview and two in person with a total of seven people. I've worked in HR for the past 4+ years so interviews aren't too foreign to me, but I think it was a pretty easy process. Nerve-racking waiting for the response though!

Bio Statistician II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah.

Interview

I applied online. After about 3-4 weeks, I received a phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interview questions were typical with a couple of technical questions. However the questions sounded like reading from a prepared script. The interviewer was alright, neither friendly nor unpleasant. The experience didn't really make me wanting to work for them either.

Interview Questions

• The reasons why you apply for the position and expect some technical questions related to statistics.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

meet 3 professors individually, talk ~ 30 minutes in their offices, talk about my own research experience , why I am interested in working with them, ask them questions about their research

Interview Questions

• Mark asked me one question: Do you use vi or emacs?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview included all the basic background and experience questions. Primarily about my educational background and testing my medical knowledge.It was a telephonic and then other round had skype interview. Afterward, i got the offer letter,

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Some behavior questions and technical questions. Some algorithms question like linear programming. Which language do you prefer? It is not so hard, but you really need to prepare for this position. Take a look at some relevant materials. Since I am a part time graduate student research assistant, it would not so hard.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

U of U's invitation for an interview is a miracle. But if the miracle happen, there were three people asked me about ten questions. Questions were also in front of me on the table in a conference room. It took about 30 minutes. They were nice, I couldn't tell what they think during the interview. There is almost no chance to get the job. They usually already have their person for that position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about multitasking, my hobby, situational questions like for example: 3 phones ring and boss need something important and somebody just came and want something at the same time - how would you handle it, or why they should hire me.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied Tuesday morning and was emailed that afternoon to schedule an interview for the following Tuesday. I was offered the position the following day. During the interview I was not asked many questions and was not given a tour of the facilities, which initially worried me. I was introduced to the staff and had an opportunity to ask them a few questions. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. My references were called the day after the interview just before I was offered the position.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online.

Don't bother applying if you are using veterans preference. They will not hire veterans and the veterans preference is a lie at the University of Utah. You can see the people they hire on Linkedin with less qualifications and experience and are not veterans.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have that is directly related?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a 15 minute phone interview regarding experience and skills. Answered questions and gave details on experience with staff management, data reporting, public speaking skills, and creative abilities. Invited to ask my own questions regarding the position, and after careful review of their website, I had questions on their sponsor base, management team dynamics, and then we discussed the compensation scale.

APC- Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

well planned, one candidate before a panel of 1 PA, 1 physician, and 1 practice manager. Initially applied online, then contacted by practice manager for a phone screen/preliminary interview. A follow up interview before a panel was scheduled the next week.