University of Utah Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Utah

2.5

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

You can find job posting on student job board. You apply on the job site. Then you receive an email from the employer to invite you for an interview. After interview, you will wait for about 2 weeks to receive the employer's final decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences with video codec.   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah.

Interview

I applied online thru the University of Utah job website and the process took about 2 weeks. The interview type was 1:1 interview. After the interview, I heard back from them in 2-3 hours.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

We went over my CV, as well as several case scenarios that I may encounter in my position. Additionally, we discussed my transcripts and reviewed the different classes I took while pursuing my advanced degrees. There was not a lot of idle time during the interview, and I really got a sense of urgency in regards to the position - as well as the gravity associated with performing well for the University and also for those whom I would be serving.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given the case we have outlined, how would you begin this project?   1 Answer

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

Excel, normal interview of what would you do in this situation. Everyone was very welcoming. They did interview with two people yet it was not overbearing. After the interview they were kind and told me they would let me know within a few days.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview was very casual, I got to meet the members of the lab, the manager of the lab gave me a tour while explaining the research going on at that specific lab, then I got to meet and interviewed the PI, he was pretty relaxed, the question lead towards getting to know me and my career background, I wasn't nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2009.

Interview

Hired because I knew the lab manager and had lab experience, was a telephone interview, went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How long are you wiling to work here? This job requires 6 months of training and you will only be hired if you can commit at least 2 years, I would prefer 5.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

Every thing was very simple and straight forward. I was referred by someone who use to work here back then and it was all a breeze. I interviewed on a Friday and surprisingly I had an offer on the following Tuesday (in spite of being an international candidate living in Salt Lake City for more than 2 years).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My supervisor offered me the lowest on the scale for the position. I asked him if we could move to the mid range and he said he would look at it after I started. I grabbed the opportunity without further discussion because I was unemployed for 2 years.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied Tuesday morning and was emailed that afternoon to schedule an interview for the following Tuesday. I was offered the position the following day. During the interview I was not asked many questions and was not given a tour of the facilities, which initially worried me. I was introduced to the staff and had an opportunity to ask them a few questions. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. My references were called the day after the interview just before I was offered the position.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah in September 2012.

Interview

One interview with a single manager. Currently, I think they have 2 or more interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked what my salary requirements were. HR offered what I asked for, no negotiating.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was with the two research managers and the second was a group interview. Both interviews were straight forward and short. Not a challenging interview process.