University of Utah Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

It was actually really nice to talk to humans again. I was going on interviews that started to feel like I was running for president. So it was refreshing. The questions were "normal" meaning they wanted to know about me and what I could do. It was a mix of background experience with light hearted conversation where you get to see everyone's personality. The process for me took two interviews in one week and a simple Microsoft test. One thing I noticed was how professional they were. You don't find that too much in Utah unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Humm. It didn't come out as a question really, but I just picked up on certain things they were saying about the position and the company and kind of built my responses around that so they could see I had experience in those areas. I also gave some examples.   Answer Question

HIM Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah.

Interview

It was a group interview with all applicable supervisors and some staff with whom the position has interacts. While everybody was very friendly, the interview itself was very disorganized and haphazard.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where a manager was not easily available (i.e. after hours/weekend) and you did not readily know how to proceed in said situation?   Answer Question

Biostatistcian III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an interview in a week. I interviewed with two hiring persons on the phone. Interview started with an introduction for both parties and then went into experience specific questions.
    It was the worst interview experience I ever had as the persons kept interrupting with questions as I talked. I couldn't really complete what I wanted to say. One interviewer is a faculty, the way he interviewed as if he was talking to his students. The other person I believe was just graduated with a terminal degree within the university and acted as if he has tons of experience. That made the interview harder in a bad way than those big corporates and top-tier universities. At the end, I withdrew my application and accepted an offer from other organization, thankfully.
    Overall I think questions should be asked after someone finishes talking as it is the basic manner someone should understand. Sometimes in academia, there are people who never have much interaction with outside world and they could be big headed. The school should really look into the credential of the leadership roles, not just offer a management position to someone because s/he has a terminal degree. Full time relevant work experience and training to be in management do matter.

Interview Questions

• Past experience described in great detail in somewhat STAR format. Lots of interruption and random questions.   Answer Question

Biostatistician Interview

Application

Interview

First interview: Phone call. For the first 40 minutes I was asked about different projects on my resume, and some questions with my work experience. Then I was asked a series of statistics questions to test my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What test would you use to determine if two categorical variables are independent?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Utah.

Interview

The interview process at the University of Utah for a Teaching Assistant position is very informal. Majority of the time you need to have previously taken the class that you would be working with. The exception to the rule is if you have taken multiple similar courses to the one that you would be assisting, or you’ve taken courses from the same teacher. Getting to know your teachers and program leaders is the best course of action for landing these jobs.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The second round was an hour-long interview with two sets of two interviewers who asked the same set of questions. After the second interview, I didn't hear back for almost three weeks, even with a follow-up. Two of the interviewers were friendly and receptive, but the other two were fairly difficult to get any feedback from.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. One phone interview and two in person with a total of seven people. I've worked in HR for the past 4+ years so interviews aren't too foreign to me, but I think it was a pretty easy process. Nerve-racking waiting for the response though!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received a call after I submitted my resume. Met with two different people from the department and had an hour long interview. Received a call back on Monday and was hired by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What does social media mean to you?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was on the phone and was very opinionated. I could tell I was just a 'number' to be supplied. I found out later, they already had a person for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about writing background, experience in years, and social network competence.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

meet 3 professors individually, talk ~ 30 minutes in their offices, talk about my own research experience , why I am interested in working with them, ask them questions about their research

Interview Questions

• Mark asked me one question: Do you use vi or emacs?   1 Answer