University of Utah Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Biostatistcian III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an interview in a week. I interviewed with two hiring persons on the phone. Interview started with an introduction for both parties and then went into experience specific questions.
    It was the worst interview experience I ever had as the persons kept interrupting with questions as I talked. I couldn't really complete what I wanted to say. One interviewer is a faculty, the way he interviewed as if he was talking to his students. The other person I believe was just graduated with a terminal degree within the university and acted as if he has tons of experience. That made the interview harder in a bad way than those big corporates and top-tier universities. At the end, I withdrew my application and accepted an offer from other organization, thankfully.
    Overall I think questions should be asked after someone finishes talking as it is the basic manner someone should understand. Sometimes in academia, there are people who never have much interaction with outside world and they could be big headed. The school should really look into the credential of the leadership roles, not just offer a management position to someone because s/he has a terminal degree. Full time relevant work experience and training to be in management do matter.

Interview Questions

• Past experience described in great detail in somewhat STAR format. Lots of interruption and random questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I was shortlisted for a phone screen after which i was asked to come down to the office in order to interview for the position. The in person interview was kinda similar, i was asked questions about based on my resume

HIM Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah.

Interview

It was a group interview with all applicable supervisors and some staff with whom the position has interacts. While everybody was very friendly, the interview itself was very disorganized and haphazard.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where a manager was not easily available (i.e. after hours/weekend) and you did not readily know how to proceed in said situation?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The second round was an hour-long interview with two sets of two interviewers who asked the same set of questions. After the second interview, I didn't hear back for almost three weeks, even with a follow-up. Two of the interviewers were friendly and receptive, but the other two were fairly difficult to get any feedback from.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Utah.

Interview

The interview process at the University of Utah for a Teaching Assistant position is very informal. Majority of the time you need to have previously taken the class that you would be working with. The exception to the rule is if you have taken multiple similar courses to the one that you would be assisting, or you’ve taken courses from the same teacher. Getting to know your teachers and program leaders is the best course of action for landing these jobs.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received a call after I submitted my resume. Met with two different people from the department and had an hour long interview. Received a call back on Monday and was hired by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What does social media mean to you?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was on the phone and was very opinionated. I could tell I was just a 'number' to be supplied. I found out later, they already had a person for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about writing background, experience in years, and social network competence.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

several interviews, some seemed to be a waste of time, the last interview involved a group of young women joking and laughing at themselves, none of the questions were about my work experience

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my CV. After two weeks I got contacted by the professor. He asked me to meet with him and asked me some professional questions. And two weeks later, I received the offer.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. One phone interview and two in person with a total of seven people. I've worked in HR for the past 4+ years so interviews aren't too foreign to me, but I think it was a pretty easy process. Nerve-racking waiting for the response though!