University of Utah Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.5

Clinical Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I was given a phone interview within 2 weeks of applying for the job, and then brought in for an interview with the clinical study coordinators and the doctor I would be working with. The in-person interview was only half an hour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Was technical and not that difficult mostly focussed on SQL and previous work experience and also the empoyer ws keen to see how enthu i was about joining the team.

Business School Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

One 20 minute Skype interview that turned into an hour. The interviewer was pleasant and I felt a rapport and was surprised to get a call that I hadn't been chosen due to a "lack of leadership experience."

I felt grateful for the honest opinion, but it got ugly when I asked how I could have better explained my years of leadership experience in the military and as a business owner. The conversation turned into a lame defense of how many veterans the interviewer knows, followed by an attack that I don't really understand the current Utah economy.

Data Analyst Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual. It was more like a discussion on my experience and the job position requirements. Also they explained the tools that they are using and they explained the process, audience and various other aspects of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience as a manager?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

6 interviews in one day. That night they organize a dinner with poster session from current students. This is also important, as a lot of faculty and program directors may have an eye on you. The next day you are with senior PhD students for an activity.

Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process lasted about an hour. From first interview to actual hiring took approximately 6 weeks. As an internal transfer, the process was easy. All of my info was already within the system and transferred over easily.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

The first is the phone interview. Then there is the first onsite interview. This interview is interviewed by the group. If you pass the first onsite interview, you will be invited to the second round interview. This time the partners will also interview you for the qualification. For all these interviews, the interviewers usually asked the behavior questions. In the second round interview, they also test you for some technique questions.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It was a typically behavioral-based interview, no hard questions. Questions were like tell me about yourself, what would be your tutoring strategy, why do you want to be a tutor, etc.

Behavioral Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied with excellent credentials and work history. After followup I got the email stating "look somewhere else." So I'm taking them up on it. No sense in waisting time.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through the University's website and it took a total of 2 weeks which included a week to work on a design exercise. My first interview was with my potential supervisor and the marketing director. The second interview was with the rest of the marketing team, including my supervisor (3 people).

Interview Questions

• What is your process for graphic design?
      We discussed some of the projects in my portfolio and my thought process.

Have you ever had a client not like a piece you've created that you loved?
      We discussed my process for the design exercise.   Answer Question