University of Utah Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Utah Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

People were required to submit their resume and the selected candidates were interviewed further.

The selected candidates were interview by two professors. They needed some with with computer organization background and someone with software practices background. People were required to know c and c++

Interview Questions

• What is IEEE floating point representation   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

One initial phone interview. Two and three panel interviews with 3 rounds. First IT Directors. Second entire IT team. Third 3 major customers position will serve

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell us something about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

It is based on previous courses you take or relevant experience in the subject applying for. Talking to professors teaching the course directly helps rather than just applying online. Recommendation fro research professors or from whom you have taken the class is helpful.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

we had an appointment at 1 but she made a mistake. so there was two interviewee even though it was not the multi people interview. he asked general questions like what would you do in the particular situations. the interview was very easy. I had interview at the warehouse with two people. both were nice and questions were very easy to answer.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with the professor I would be TAing for. He just asked me why I wanted to be a TA. And asked me how I did in the class I would be TAing.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a TA?   1 Answer

GIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Did a phone and in-person interview. Never heard from them again. Had to call HR to ask about the position. At least have the professional courtesy to follow-up with those you interview, even if it is to decline.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, I took some of the course in the past semesters. I had gathered some cleanroom experience. Then talked to the professor who was in charge of the TA assignments. He reviewed my resume and I got the job.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then I had an interview in person. The questions were very to the point, and they try to find ways to incorporate additional skills and knowledge you may possess, and ask you to relate those abilities to the job you are applying for, or how you feel better prepared as a result of them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look at different prints of code samples, and to identify what they did.   1 Answer

Web Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

The first two times we scheduled for the interview ended up being postponed. When the interview finally did happen, it started with one of the project's leaders, who was joined by the principal leader a short time later. This part of interview was friendly and conversational, I felt completely at ease. After about an hour, they brought in the two developers already on the project to check my technical skills. We did a few white board exercises and exchanged a few ideas on how to test a developer's skill. Following that, the project lead came back in and we continued the social fit portion of the interview. In the end, he asked me if I wanted the job and told me he'd hire me right there, but had to go through the proper channels. Two days later I got a call from the recruiter that sent me in with an offer that more than met my goals.

Interview Questions

• Given a specified set of tables, write a SQL query to retrieve data from a RDBMS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was in the pipeline (3rd interview) for another organization. Their offer exceeded my expectations and offered a significantly shorter commute. There wasn't any thing to negotiate.

KC Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was super chill. They asked basic questions about you and what field you study in. They also asked if you have any computer skills and how comfortable you are with costumers.