University of Utah Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Utah Research Assistant Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Some behavior questions and technical questions. Some algorithms question like linear programming. Which language do you prefer? It is not so hard, but you really need to prepare for this position. Take a look at some relevant materials. Since I am a part time graduate student research assistant, it would not so hard.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Utah

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. They gave me a programming assignment in Java and asked to finish in 4 days. The assignment was generally easy. It required implementing a data structures based algorithm.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk with the professor and some basic skill questions

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

- One on one technical interview with the professor.
    - Asked questions about previous work experience.
    - Asked questions about undergrad coursework.
    - Questions about Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Statics and Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, Matlab skills, 3D CAD modeling skills.
    - Inquired about research interests.
    - Potential PhD candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

Search the website, and find the professor who share the same research inetersts with you. Then, I email him direclty. Then, he replies and ask me to write up some documents, such as research interests, the future research plans, and the CV. Then, I got a skype interview opportunity to dicuss some details about my plan and expertise.