University of Utah Interview Questions in Utah | Glassdoor

2.5

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biostatistcian III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an interview in a week. I interviewed with two hiring persons on the phone. Interview started with an introduction for both parties and then went into experience specific questions.
    It was the worst interview experience I ever had as the persons kept interrupting with questions as I talked. I couldn't really complete what I wanted to say. One interviewer is a faculty, the way he interviewed as if he was talking to his students. The other person I believe was just graduated with a terminal degree within the university and acted as if he has tons of experience. That made the interview harder in a bad way than those big corporates and top-tier universities. At the end, I withdrew my application and accepted an offer from other organization, thankfully.
    Overall I think questions should be asked after someone finishes talking as it is the basic manner someone should understand. Sometimes in academia, there are people who never have much interaction with outside world and they could be big headed. The school should really look into the credential of the leadership roles, not just offer a management position to someone because s/he has a terminal degree. Full time relevant work experience and training to be in management do matter.

Interview Questions

• Past experience described in great detail in somewhat STAR format. Lots of interruption and random questions.   Answer Question

Biostatistician Interview

Application

Interview

First interview: Phone call. For the first 40 minutes I was asked about different projects on my resume, and some questions with my work experience. Then I was asked a series of statistics questions to test my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What test would you use to determine if two categorical variables are independent?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The second round was an hour-long interview with two sets of two interviewers who asked the same set of questions. After the second interview, I didn't hear back for almost three weeks, even with a follow-up. Two of the interviewers were friendly and receptive, but the other two were fairly difficult to get any feedback from.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. One phone interview and two in person with a total of seven people. I've worked in HR for the past 4+ years so interviews aren't too foreign to me, but I think it was a pretty easy process. Nerve-racking waiting for the response though!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received a call after I submitted my resume. Met with two different people from the department and had an hour long interview. Received a call back on Monday and was hired by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What does social media mean to you?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was on the phone and was very opinionated. I could tell I was just a 'number' to be supplied. I found out later, they already had a person for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about writing background, experience in years, and social network competence.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

meet 3 professors individually, talk ~ 30 minutes in their offices, talk about my own research experience , why I am interested in working with them, ask them questions about their research

Interview Questions

• Mark asked me one question: Do you use vi or emacs?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I was shortlisted for a phone screen after which i was asked to come down to the office in order to interview for the position. The in person interview was kinda similar, i was asked questions about based on my resume

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview included all the basic background and experience questions. Primarily about my educational background and testing my medical knowledge.It was a telephonic and then other round had skype interview. Afterward, i got the offer letter,

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Some behavior questions and technical questions. Some algorithms question like linear programming. Which language do you prefer? It is not so hard, but you really need to prepare for this position. Take a look at some relevant materials. Since I am a part time graduate student research assistant, it would not so hard.