University of Vermont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Vermont

2.6

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online and 1 on 1 interview. The employees require some references (from old jobs, professors, etc.). The interview is pretty straight-forward, and focuses on strategies of studying and taking exams.

Interview Questions

• what is your studying strategy?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed person in charge of hiring and emailed my resume. Then went for a short meeting and got a tour of the lab and started a week later after the paper work was filed.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT).

Interview

Very prescribed questions without much time to ask your own questions. Many different teams and functional areas, even within the Colleges. Be sure to ask questions about specific job responsibilities and who you report to and who will report to you.

Interview Questions

• As the candidate, I asked a question about work-life balance, to which I was given an answer (summarized here) that 'this is a professional organization' (that kind of response was a red flag that I missed and should have given more weight to)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take time, do not rush to respond to offer even if you are only provided with 24hrs to respond.

Administrator Interview

Interview

Very easy interview

the people were very nice and straight forward

business professional attire

3 board panel quesitoned me which was a little intimidating but they were all very nice and encouraging

Overall it ended well and I got the position. they called me back within a week so i didnt have to wait too long for an answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in September 2009.

Interview

Very informal meeting with the other people in the office. All very nice. Typical 'so tell us about yourseld' lead-in. Our discussion about my background moved easily into how my skills might translate to the needs of the position. We also discussed what sort of changes my presence in the office would bring about. Very positive altogether.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Vermont in February 2019.

Interview

Interview process was with two people over the phone. Interview went well in my opinion and I was told someone would be following up with me within a week. Never heard back from anyone until I received an auto-generated email saying that the position had been canceled, over a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be the biggest challenge for you in this position?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in May 2009.

Interview

A multi-stage process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little to negotiate at my department.

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in June 2013.

Interview

Chosen based on academic excellence, I received and email from my professor complementing me on my success in her class, and asking me if I would help her with a class the following fall. It was one of my favorite teachers that semester so I gladly took the position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (New York, NY).

Interview

Just like normal academic interview. Since it's a phd postion application, I contacted my potential advisor directly. During the screen phone interview, we talked about my research and my potential advisor's research projects. A few academic questions were asked to evaluate my research background.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Vermont.

Interview

Round 1- Phone interview.
    Round 2 - Case study exercise with presentation as part of in-person interview.
    Round 3 - Three hours of interviews with multiple groups. Each person in the group took turns asking questions. They were careful about asking the same questions that had been asked to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the diversity and excellence of the university?   Answer Question