University of Vermont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (New York, NY).

Interview

Just like normal academic interview. Since it's a phd postion application, I contacted my potential advisor directly. During the screen phone interview, we talked about my research and my potential advisor's research projects. A few academic questions were asked to evaluate my research background.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at this job a couple days ago. First of all they never called me back to tell me what was going on. IN the interview it was pretty odd. They asked a bunch of odd questions and never really asked me about myself, my experience or anything like that. It was a lot of questions that didn't make sense to me. Sort of felt like they had their mind made up ahead of time, but they were interviewing me as a formality. I like the hospital a lot, but this interview did not go well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had ever been late to another job.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT).

Interview

Very prescribed questions without much time to ask your own questions. Many different teams and functional areas, even within the Colleges. Be sure to ask questions about specific job responsibilities and who you report to and who will report to you.

Interview Questions

• As the candidate, I asked a question about work-life balance, to which I was given an answer (summarized here) that 'this is a professional organization' (that kind of response was a red flag that I missed and should have given more weight to)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take time, do not rush to respond to offer even if you are only provided with 24hrs to respond.

Administrator Interview

Interview

Very easy interview

the people were very nice and straight forward

business professional attire

3 board panel quesitoned me which was a little intimidating but they were all very nice and encouraging

Overall it ended well and I got the position. they called me back within a week so i didnt have to wait too long for an answer

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Vermont.

Interview

A basic phone interview followed by an in person interview.
    It took a long time to be contacted after the online application, however after that the process moved quickly.

Research Assistant, Economics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in May 2015.

Interview

1 informal interview with professor I was applying to work with, after submitting letter of interest to department chair. At the end of the interview said I had the job and asked when I could start working.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to assess my ability to use relatively basic computing packages and overall analytical/quantitative background and ability.   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Vermont.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a hiring committee. Asked me basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Asked job related questions to my field. Do you have experience with statistic software? Can you use excel? Then I had a Skype interview were they asked more behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time were you have had to deal with difficult people? How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their initial offer was low but they did negotiate for a higher salary.

Business Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT).

Interview

It happened so long ago so it's not really relevant. It was an internal move. I was referred to this program by another star employee who knew I was looking for a move.

Negotiation

Negotiated a small increase

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Vermont in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position online, though the university's website and was called about a month later to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The interview was conducted by two people: the supervisor of this position and another staff member the candidate would work closely with. They said they had seven questions they were asking each candidate; this took about 30 minutes and then I had a chance to ask questions.

I was told they were conducting phone interviews the remainder of that week followed by in person interviews for final candidates; they were looking for someone to begin about a month later. I was told that I would be notified regardless of their decision about me moving forward. After two and half weeks and two follow up emails, I have heard nothing nor received a response from my initiative.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my view of social justice.   Answer Question
    • Also asked about:
      - my approach to supervising students
      - an example of when I anticipated a problem and solved it before it arose
      - tell them about myself
      - why I want this job
      - tell about a time when something went wrong and how I resolved it
      Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed person in charge of hiring and emailed my resume. Then went for a short meeting and got a tour of the lab and started a week later after the paper work was filed.