University of Vermont Interview Questions in Vermont | Glassdoor

2.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online and 1 on 1 interview. The employees require some references (from old jobs, professors, etc.). The interview is pretty straight-forward, and focuses on strategies of studying and taking exams.

Interview Questions

• what is your studying strategy?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at this job a couple days ago. First of all they never called me back to tell me what was going on. IN the interview it was pretty odd. They asked a bunch of odd questions and never really asked me about myself, my experience or anything like that. It was a lot of questions that didn't make sense to me. Sort of felt like they had their mind made up ahead of time, but they were interviewing me as a formality. I like the hospital a lot, but this interview did not go well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had ever been late to another job.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT).

Interview

Very prescribed questions without much time to ask your own questions. Many different teams and functional areas, even within the Colleges. Be sure to ask questions about specific job responsibilities and who you report to and who will report to you.

Interview Questions

• As the candidate, I asked a question about work-life balance, to which I was given an answer (summarized here) that 'this is a professional organization' (that kind of response was a red flag that I missed and should have given more weight to)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take time, do not rush to respond to offer even if you are only provided with 24hrs to respond.

Research Assistant, Economics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in May 2015.

Interview

1 informal interview with professor I was applying to work with, after submitting letter of interest to department chair. At the end of the interview said I had the job and asked when I could start working.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to assess my ability to use relatively basic computing packages and overall analytical/quantitative background and ability.   1 Answer

Business Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT).

Interview

It happened so long ago so it's not really relevant. It was an internal move. I was referred to this program by another star employee who knew I was looking for a move.

Negotiation

Negotiated a small increase

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed person in charge of hiring and emailed my resume. Then went for a short meeting and got a tour of the lab and started a week later after the paper work was filed.

TechTeam Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in February 2014.

Interview

Applications are submitted via an online form and selected applicants are interview by the supervising team for technical skills, ability to fit with the current team, and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to someone asking for help illegally downloading media?   1 Answer
    • This computer isn't connecting to wifi/otherwise can't work. Fix it.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in January 2014.

Interview

I was hired from different University directly from graduation. The position was great and I began working on my research with a small team of employees which turned out to be great. There was no process for me, I was simply chosen for the job.

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in June 2013.

Interview

Chosen based on academic excellence, I received and email from my professor complementing me on my success in her class, and asking me if I would help her with a class the following fall. It was one of my favorite teachers that semester so I gladly took the position.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone screening, in person with staff and interested parties including a presentation. Pretty standard questions but repetitive.Keep answers brief and to the point and provide detaield descriptions of when you performed this task in a previous position.