University of Virginia Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.1

Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very casual sit down with the primary and secondary investigators. Although, this was a lab that I had volunteered a copious amount of my time in over three years of my undergraduate education, so we were very familiar with one another.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the near future   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with HR. Phone interview with Department Manager. Onsite panel interview with team. It was a very pleasant experience and I was impressed with the sincerity and team-approach attitude of everyone. While there is a certain rigidity to how I have to manage my day, this is a State owned facility and I guess it is to be expected.

Interview Questions

• We discussed logjams they were having and how I addressed them at my prior position. Asked for ideas and input on build functions   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

HR Recruiter contacted me less than an hour after I submitted my application. Scheduled interview with Recruiter and Director of Recruitment. I thought I did well based on their body language but apparently not because they never got back to me. I am an internal candidate that works in the same building as them and they did not even have the heart to let me know that I wasn't selected for the position. What a waste of time, and as soon as I get an offer elsewhere I will leave this organization. I even sent thank you letters and didn't even get a reply back for the questions I asked him in my thank you letter. After my application status stated "Interview Scheduled" for over a month, I am going to withdraw and move on.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your skills with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a 3 hour onsite interview. It seemed odd to me that they called me in for 3 hours of interviews based solely on my resume without so much as a phone screen. On interview day, there were 3 hour long interviews, one from the hiring manager, one from a peer and one from two individuals who would report to this manager position. Each of the three interviewers had a single Behavioral Interview question (i.e. tell me about a time you had a conflict with the team you were working with). The rest of the questions were related to previous work history and job fit.

The interview was 3 hours long without a break. Nobody offered so much as a cup of water during the process. After the interview I followed up with the recruiter multiple times, but didn't get any real feedback from her for more than 3 months when I was told that I was not selected. On interview day the hiring manager had told me that they were interviewing multiple candidates and would be making a hiring decision within a couple of weeks.

HIS ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 months from when I applied to when I was done interviewing. There was an initial phone interview and then an in-person interview that consisted of two managers and a peer. Probably the easiest interview of all time. After the questions they gave me a department tour and sent me on my way. Took about three weeks after that to get my final offer. The job posting did list a salary range and I was shooting somewhere in the middle, but they would barely budge from the bottom line. Once I got in there, I found out other with less education were making significantly more than me and were offered that from the start, even though we had the exact same job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an offer from HR that was the very base of the pay range. I told her I would think about it, went back to her and gave her my number. She came back again with another offer, hardly more than the original and I accepted just to get my foot in the door.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System.

Interview

My current job was a promotion, so there was only a very informal interview. Before that, I interviewed for a systems analyst position and the interview was fairly friendly and low stress. Probably the easiest interview of my career and I was offered the job only a few days later.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was not intense but it also depends on the nurse managers. However, the Human Resources department is extremely inefficient. For me, it didn't take too long to go through the process but some of my colleagues waited for 3 weeks+ to process the paperworks after receiving the hiring paper. You really have to go to the HR and press them to get the process going.

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview typically consist of a panel of Lead Technicians and management which ask specific questions relating to the job and gives you a scenario to determine how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult employee, manager or patient base upon a certain event.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System in January 2013.

Interview

Easy. Had a panel interview with a supervisor, manager, and office manager. They got to know me as an individual. I knew I had the job after meeting with them.

Don't let this fancy title fool you: this is a phone operator job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. PLEASE NEGOTIATE AND DON'T GIVE UP. HR gives you the final offer and THEY WILL LOWBALL YOU. Your salary will follow you the rest of your career.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good, but the follow up after was not. The employer was very pushy to have me come interview as soon as possible. I traveled 4 hours to the interview and interviewed from 8am to 4pm speaking with probably around 10-12 people. I was told I interviewed very well and I would hear something from them within the week regarding next steps. I sent thank yous to each of the 10-12 people I interviewed with. I never heard from them regarding next steps so I called and left a message; Nobody returned my call. I then waited another week or so and called again to have my call not returned yet again. That's pretty poor follow up in my opinion, especially for someone they were so pushy to have come interview right away and led to believe everything went well and would be moving on to next steps.

Interview Questions

• This was too long ago to remember the questions, but I don't remember them being that difficult.   Answer Question