University of Virginia Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Virginia Health System

2.3

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altavista, VA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Altavista, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a great experience throughout my interview. I was accompanied by the nurse manager and a RN. They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Once the interview was over the RN showed me around the office and made me feel like we were more of friends than strangers.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of “if x,y,z happened” or “ what would you” questions that were fairly easy to answer.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was not intense but it also depends on the nurse managers. However, the Human Resources department is extremely inefficient. For me, it didn't take too long to go through the process but some of my colleagues waited for 3 weeks+ to process the paperworks after receiving the hiring paper. You really have to go to the HR and press them to get the process going.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a very rude patient?   1 Answer

Assistant Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial Skype interview with nurse manager followed several weeks later by a day long on-site interview with various team members from Director of Nursing to Nurse Manger, to other ANMs to providers(NPs and MDs) and lunch meeting with staff. Travel expenses covered.

Interview Questions

• The various groups of interviewers all had a list of usual questions to ask...team building, conflict resolution, time management etc.   Answer Question

Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very casual sit down with the primary and secondary investigators. Although, this was a lab that I had volunteered a copious amount of my time in over three years of my undergraduate education, so we were very familiar with one another.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the near future   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a 3 hour onsite interview. It seemed odd to me that they called me in for 3 hours of interviews based solely on my resume without so much as a phone screen. On interview day, there were 3 hour long interviews, one from the hiring manager, one from a peer and one from two individuals who would report to this manager position. Each of the three interviewers had a single Behavioral Interview question (i.e. tell me about a time you had a conflict with the team you were working with). The rest of the questions were related to previous work history and job fit.

The interview was 3 hours long without a break. Nobody offered so much as a cup of water during the process. After the interview I followed up with the recruiter multiple times, but didn't get any real feedback from her for more than 3 months when I was told that I was not selected. On interview day the hiring manager had told me that they were interviewing multiple candidates and would be making a hiring decision within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System.

Interview

My current job was a promotion, so there was only a very informal interview. Before that, I interviewed for a systems analyst position and the interview was fairly friendly and low stress. Probably the easiest interview of my career and I was offered the job only a few days later.

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview typically consist of a panel of Lead Technicians and management which ask specific questions relating to the job and gives you a scenario to determine how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult employee, manager or patient base upon a certain event.   1 Answer

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System in November 2018.

Interview

This was a standard interview that asked my standard strengths/weaknesses, why did you want to work here, etc. Also asked for GPA, prior education and other professional/leadership opportunities. To best prepare, you can just look at common interview questions asked online. This was by far the best preparation I could have done to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you made a mistake and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System.

Interview

I got contacted about 2 weeks after initially applying. The HR recruiter coordinated several interviews on different units. Each interview was very laid back and the nurse managers provided information about the unit, patient population, and answered any questions I had. Afterwards, I had the opportunity to shadow each unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an area for growth and improvement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the last time you worked in a team? What was your role?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with HR. Phone interview with Department Manager. Onsite panel interview with team. It was a very pleasant experience and I was impressed with the sincerity and team-approach attitude of everyone. While there is a certain rigidity to how I have to manage my day, this is a State owned facility and I guess it is to be expected.

Interview Questions

• We discussed logjams they were having and how I addressed them at my prior position. Asked for ideas and input on build functions   1 Answer