University of Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Virginia

2.4

Sort:

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview

I met with three people and HR. Formal process with very standard interview questions. They were friendly but the 2 interviewers interchangeably asking questions made me nervous. Drug screening and shots required. Personality profiling and "If then" situation questions required as well.

Statistical Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at University of Virginia in June 2013.

Interview

Several experts of the candidate searching team interviewed me via phone. After a brief introduction, they told the phone interview will take about 15 minutes. They only asked three questions. It looks simple. The three questions are no difficult. I spent a couple of days to prepare it. But I don’t know why I was so nervous since the 2nd question. For the last question, I did not well respond to it. After the interview, I felt so bad. I believe I this position fit me perfect and I can do it very well. But the interview was so bad. As a result, I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Your knowledge breath in applied statistics?
      Did you meet some difficulties in your study? How did you overcome the difficulties? Please give an example.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the hiring manager via email after over a month to schedule a phone interview. The interview was straightforward. The hiring manager gave details about the position and asked about my work experience and general behavioral questions. The job did not turnout to be what i'd expected reading the job description.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Did not undergo a hiring process.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was screened by HR via phone. Then I was interviewed by a search committee of three via Skype. They took turns asking about 4 or 5 questions. Then, they asked me what questions I had for them. The whole interview took a solid 30-45 minutes. It took about 3 weeks before I heard their decision.

MBA Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

They care about who you are as a person and are very focused on your fit as a person and how you can grow as an individual. Interview process was fantastic, wonderful people in admissions. Process was very thorough and clear throughout the entire process

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Reached out after receiving email requesting CS majors in undergrad cyber security research. Then I was brought into the workplace and sat down in front of the scrum master and researcher running the lab and asked a series of basic behavioral questions. They were interested in my linux experience and GPA.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given a problem to solve in a specific language you were unfamiliar with?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Skype interview, followed by an in-person interview with a panel from the office. The in-person interview included a 5 to 10 minute presentation about a topic of my choosing. It wasn't too intimidating of an environment, rather a group of people who are looking for you to succeed. I think by the time you get to this point, you're an application they are excited and hopeful about.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult professional challenges, public speaking, multitasking, and travel.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Called in for three in -person interviews over a span of several months. The first screening interview was in person, rather than over the telephone. The second interview was with the direct supervisor and the third interview was with the direct supervisor, the hiring manager, and the current person in the position. There was no parking available and no remuneration offered for parking expenses.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

The hardest part of getting hired at UVA is getting past the application process to get an interview. They are the largest employer citywide and everyone wants to work there. I actually got my foot in the door by speaking with a recruiter at a job fair and applying for jobs with UVATemps. UVA has its own Temp division. I dressed professionally for the job fair and treated it as an interview.
    I got a call back a few weeks later about the job. HR had to verify my past employment and spoke with all of my references. I went to the HR office and filled out paperwork and spoke with a different HR rep about the position. I was then able to interview with the hiring manager.
    The interview with the hiring manager was really brief and consisted primarily of her telling me about the position. The job is in the Health System (UVA has a teaching hospital) and I believe she was quite busy and just wanted to make sure I was a dependable intelligent person before signing off on the hiring. This is for a four month position- not a permanent one. I answered a few questions about how my past work experience provided me the skill to complete the job and that was about it. I can't remember if we walked through the office and met people that day or not.
    I got a call later that they wanted me to start right away so I did.

Interview Questions

• It was more of her describing the work to me, and my saying "Oh, that's like XYZ that I did at my old job" than asking questions.   Answer Question