University of Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Virginia Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Virginia

2.5

Interview

The hiring and interview process went well. The hiring manager was very polite. The hiring manager and I met and there was a few questions and an explanation of the process. I was introduced to some of the responsibilities and asked about how I would handle certain situations and what sort of ideas I had to answer some types of issues.

Interview

Phone and in person interview were conducted. Consisted of behavioral questions and more situational response questions in related to the role. It was a straight forward process, applied online and received an email.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a student was upset that they still had to receive mentoring and expressed this during the session   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia in March 2020.

Interview

Did a skype interview and was asked to complete a quiz afterward. Felt as if the interviewer was arguing with me while I answered the questions, I was speaking of my experience...

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlotte, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

Didn’t like there wasn’t lots of themed big my favorite things on my phone but it wasn’t so much better then the app is now. Have you seen your dad for lunch tomorrow at 1pm I.

Advanvement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online and didn't hear back until a few weeks later. First was a simple screening call over the phone with the recruiter. Next week, a second call with someone in the department who held a similar position. This was more in depth and had standard interview questions. Around a week and a half later I had an on grounds set of interviews (2 panels, 2 one-on-ones) that lasted 3 hours. The next week I had a video conference interview with 2 directors that hasn't been present the other day. The very next day I was told they would be charging references. The next week I got an offer. Though the initial screening process can be slow, it felt thorough and made me feel the University makes the effort to achieve the best possible fit between candidate and position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position/in UVA   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a mistake, and what you did to fix it   Answer Question
    • How do you keep organized?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle it if you were asked to do one task but then in the middle of it, you were asked to switch gears and do another task?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience working as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a project you worked on that you're particularly proud of and the role you played in it.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process was quick and easy. It took me about 3 weeks to apply, interview, be hired, and get started. I was referred by a friend, so it made my life easier. Because of this, I was able to have an interview scheduled within two days of applying

Commun Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with a team of people and my potential supervisor. Then another team came in, and I interviewed with them. Then my potential supervisor took me to meet the dean of the school.
    A few days later they gave me homework, consisting of five different assignments, all specific to the job.
    A week later they said they would let me know in a week.
    A week later they said I was not qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you work on several projects at the same time?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with working on one project and then being told to work on something else?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with having three reports assigned in the morning, all due at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Lab Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia in May 2019.

Interview

Around 1 week after submitting the online application, I received an email from the lab to arrange for a phone interview. The interview lasted around 30 minutes, and I spoke with both the PI and another lab member.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your personal experience in population science. What is your understanding of population science?   Answer Question
    • Anything new you tried recently? What have you learned from that?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

Brief process. First met with one professor to discuss my interests and the project. Then was referred to and met with one of the cardiologists on the project. Finally met with both cardiologists together.

Interview Questions

• Generally asked about my interests and specifically my interests in the project. Asked about how my skills would apply.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted through skype by the PI. Very informal. Will ask about previous lab experience and why you want to work in the lab. Make sure to go over techniques that are listed and known how to perform them.