University of Warwick Interview Questions in Coventry, England | Glassdoor

University of Warwick Interview Questions in Coventry, England

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.8

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied to warwick CTU through online and got interview call within a week. Attended interview in a week time and the interview went very well that I thought I would be selected but it isnt successful . Interview was simple and easy to answer( if you know what you learnt/expd). Its better to go through the JD before attending face2face.

Interview Questions

• What do u mean by UAT testing ? How will you handle priority and meet deadlines ? Why do u choose Warwick university ? Tell us about previous experience? Prepare a test case document for the given web appln, execute it and submit the report.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online. I was called for interview. The panel consists of two professors. They were very friendly. At the end of the interview, they asked whether I have any questions for them. I asked few questions about the project and group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to pursue a career in research?
      Why do you want to do a PhD in this specific area?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Describe your previous research experience. Also, specific questions regarding my previous research experience.
      Answer Question

E-Learning Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

* A Presntation on future of learning
    * Standard Questions on E-learning tools
    * No in-depth questions on coding
    * Asked about the Warwick Brand and the importance of it in your work
    * 3 things you're good at and 3 things you're bad at

Clinical Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview panel of 3-4 senior staff from varied backgrounds across the university. Informed in advance to give a 5-10 minute presentation on ones research carer and future plans. General questions afterwards. No written assessment. Quick response with job offer.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

University of Warwick took my interview for merit scholarship. Awards were based on past academic achievement and a short essay demonstrating to the scholarships committee about previous experience, extracurricular activities, reasons for study, and vision for the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past academic achievement and a short essay demonstrating to the scholarships committee about previous experience, extracurricular activities, reasons for study, and vision for the future.   Answer Question

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Clear communication prior to the interview and after job offer

Negotiation

straightforward

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Seminar followed by interview with panel. The seminar was attended by other departmental colleagues, who were free to ask questions at the end of the seminar. This was followed by an informal meeting with colleagues in the group. Finally, there was the formal interview process with the head of the group and the selection panel consisting of representatives from the group and senior management group of the department.

Interview Questions

• Questions covered both teaching and research. Types of questions included questions such as: 1) How do you ensure student engagement during teaching? 2) How do you draw upon research and integrate it with your teaching 3) What current research are you working on? etc.   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Called by HR for the interview session after 2 months application submission.
    Presented in powerpoint the work and research experience that can bring value to the new role and department.
    Lots of Q&A questions that can last up to 1 hour.
    Decision was made within 1 day.
    Get the official offer letter and the next process depending on your immigration status if you need T2 sponsorship. It can take up to 3 months to get the visa.

Residential Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

Application is submitted online or via email. All initial interactions are via a secretary. A panel interview follows. Can be anywhere from 2-6+ people, typically wardens with possibly the head of residential life or sub-wardens included. Multiple questions are asked. After the first application if unsuccessful, which is moderately common, a second application is often successful. Interview feedback is also given if unsuccessful. This process can take several months overall. A role-playing, hands-on assessment center may now be included in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If a student came to you with a problem but asked you to keep it in confidence before relating it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The compensation in the form of free accommodation is non-negotiable.

PhD Student (Fully Funded) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

3 interviewers (2 industrial and 1 academic), all of which were very friendly. The whole interview was very relaxed but still formal. We talked about my previous degrees, projects and our ideas for the PhD research. Lasted approximately 1 hour.