University of Warwick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Warwick Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied to warwick CTU through online and got interview call within a week. Attended interview in a week time and the interview went very well that I thought I would be selected but it isnt successful . Interview was simple and easy to answer( if you know what you learnt/expd). Its better to go through the JD before attending face2face.

Interview Questions

• What do u mean by UAT testing ? How will you handle priority and meet deadlines ? Why do u choose Warwick university ? Tell us about previous experience? Prepare a test case document for the given web appln, execute it and submit the report.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online. I was called for interview. The panel consists of two professors. They were very friendly. At the end of the interview, they asked whether I have any questions for them. I asked few questions about the project and group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to pursue a career in research?
      Why do you want to do a PhD in this specific area?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Describe your previous research experience. Also, specific questions regarding my previous research experience.
      Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Felt welcomed and they did their best to help me relax.Panel interview,took turn in asking questions which were with a mixture of competency and standard. Was told at the end of the interview I would be informed of the outcome they next day. Over a week later-nothing !The candidate page was not updated either to show the interview let alone anything else,For an organisation with a dedicated HR department there is really no excuse to provide something even if it is a standard rejection email after an interview.Unfortunately this seems to be endemic in most HR departments in most organisations. Not impressed.

E-Learning Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

* A Presntation on future of learning
    * Standard Questions on E-learning tools
    * No in-depth questions on coding
    * Asked about the Warwick Brand and the importance of it in your work
    * 3 things you're good at and 3 things you're bad at

Clinical Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview panel of 3-4 senior staff from varied backgrounds across the university. Informed in advance to give a 5-10 minute presentation on ones research carer and future plans. General questions afterwards. No written assessment. Quick response with job offer.

Corporate Relationship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Application process and single interview with 3 person panel. Quite a simple interview - I don't think there were many candidates for the role. Part of the WUIP programme. The whole porcess took about a week or two, (there were however many different roles advertised in different departments which may have varied)

Interview Questions

• Many CV related questions, Tell us about a time you showed leadership   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

University of Warwick took my interview for merit scholarship. Awards were based on past academic achievement and a short essay demonstrating to the scholarships committee about previous experience, extracurricular activities, reasons for study, and vision for the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past academic achievement and a short essay demonstrating to the scholarships committee about previous experience, extracurricular activities, reasons for study, and vision for the future.   Answer Question

Associate Professor Interview

Interview

Lack of transparency in interview requirements. Deliberately difficult questions to trick interviewee. Received offer by phone same day. Asked the chair to meet again. Chair said they were busy cleaning up after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Question challenging why I wanted to work at the university.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Warwick in October 2013.

Interview

I received an invitation to the interview in 1.5-2 months after app deadline. It was a phone interview. The panel included 3 persons (Prof, HR, researcher)

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my experience with programming of MCU/FPGA, designing of gas detection systems, but not detailed ones. There was a question on my style of presenting slides to the audience.   Answer Question

This was the position for 1.5 years. When I was accepted, it turned out that the position is just for 9 months. The salary offered started from the lowest threshold even though I had an excellent matching and already had 4 years of experience in the same position. Persons I was in contact after the inerview promised great future, but did not provide direct answers to my questions and tried to avoid them - only generic answers.

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Warwick (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Clear communication prior to the interview and after job offer

Negotiation

straightforward