University of Washington Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Graduate Student Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Just Question and answers. Talking about their research and how much they like it. I had a few questions in the back of my head for me to ask them about their research. Most of the time they get into what they do and don't stop talking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Meeting with multiple lab PI's; going to talks and posters; interacting with current students

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2007.

Interview

Applicants meet 1:1 with faculty to discuss faculty research and the student's past experience and research interests. Questions were often based on the student's resume/CV and application packet. I believe that grades and GRE scores are less important than research experience and letters of reccomendation from people within the field.

Several faculty asked what made me competitive compared to other applicants.

At lunch, all the applicants were taken to a casual local restaurant with current students in the program.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more competitive than any other applicants?   1 Answer