University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Washington

2.5

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

One email to schedule a phone interview, one phone interview, and I took myself out of the running after the phone interview.

The email to schedule the phone interview was exceptionally condescending and was sent by someone who has been with the university for for almost 15 years and is a "Manager, Talent Acquisition.

Program Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

I had a phone screening with someone from UW HR and then about a week later a member of the Program Ops. team reached out and scheduled an interview. The interview was via Zoom and divided up into two parts. One 30 minute session with the program manager and then another 45 minute session with the manager and the 6 person team. Each team member asked me a behavioral interview question and then after that I was given the opportunity to ask my questions. I felt like the interview went really well and everyone was extremely nice...unfortunately after that I was completely ghosted. I fallowed up twice with the team member that set up the interview and twice with the program manager. I never herd back from anyone, they didn't even respond to my emails, which I find extremely unprofessional. I never herd back about the position so I assumed that I didn't get it and moved on to other offers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to manage multiple projects at once, and how did you stay organized.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

The interview was straightforward and short-- questions weren't too easy or too hard. Interview was around half an hour long. The interview was conducted by the PI and another lab member.

Director of Marketing & Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Online application; initial 30 minute phone screening; then two one-hour panels in person on campus. Recommend you leave plenty of time to find parking and be patient with wayfinding.

Interview Questions

• Describe three characteristics you would bring to this role.   Answer Question
    • What would you do on the job in your first 6 months?   Answer Question

HR Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

There is one in person interview and then they will call again if they have additional questions after interviewing other candidates. After this, they will contact you with an offer or will not reach out again.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do after graduating and how would this position help you?   Answer Question

Interview

The professor made a call to me, then we discuss for around 30min. I got the offer immediately. But the professor gave me one week to consider this offer. I said Yes after one week. Basically it's very easy and smooth. It's up to the professor.

Program Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone screen interview two weeks after I applied online: Interviewer was friendly and got to business right away. She had a pre-set list of questions and then I was offered an opportunity to ask my own. Conversation was more natural at the end of the session.
    This position only paid $55-65k which was quite low in my opinion, for the job description that was posted.
    I sent a thank you e-mail the same afternoon and received an e-mail back the next day letting me know I was not selected to move on to the next phase of interviews. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe these three words: RESOURCEFUL, DEPENDABLE, SELF-MOTIVATED.
      2. Describe how you are "detail oriented."
      3. Describe a challenging change in your work
      4. Why are you interested in UW Med?
      5. Standard questions to clarify items on resume.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Interview

Very interesting, get to know each other. The interviewer focused on how the team and I can be both benefited if I get hired.
    Later he became my direct supervisor. So we are on same page of what he wants from me and what I want from this position.

Business Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial 15-minute phone screening with the hiring manager and panel (7 people) interview. After going through this time consuming process, ,I wouldn't apply for a regular full-time position at UW since they probably have an internal candidate (or someone's friend), but they still have to interview people (which is a waste everyone's time)!

Interview Questions

• How do you work with diverse groups of people (I was asked this question by a panel of 85% white people)?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was very informal and structure-less. I did not get many questions about the work that I have done and the questions were very vague and hard to answer.