University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Really no formal interview as the Professor was a member of my doctoral committee. He was familiar with my skill set and knowledge, so there really was no formal interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was a member of my doctoral committee, so was quite familiar with my knowledge base.   Answer Question

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Apply online, process takes ~1 week. Interview in-person. Interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. Hiring process took about 1 week, could be a little disorganized since the Library has a large number of employees and student employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding on the information flow within the library?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Online Application, Online Questionnaire, Interview with two managers taking turns asking the questions. They gave me a copy of all the questions that would be asked as well, right before the interview. They were your typical interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, working on a team, working without direct supervision and the like.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a to do list that is seemingly impossible, especially working part time.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very straightforward and handled directly by the people I would be working with. It was a casual interview that did not seem to have any particular structure. I believe here the process is quite varied from department to department and even within departments.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with database management and their specific program?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First contacted by HR for phone screening. Phone screening interview consisted of 15 basic behavioral interview questions. In-person interview was 1 on 1 with the primary investigator. In-person interview was casual and conversational, going over the goals of the laboratory and PI and how my experience would fit in. I was informed at the end of the in-person interview that there would be a 2nd follow up interview with a larger panel once my references had been contacted, but this was eventually waived for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

there was just one phone interview and asked about stupid linked list question. It wasn't bad or good. It was ok. Didn't had long interview process. there was just one phone interview and asked about stupid linked list question. It wasn't bad or good. It was ok. Didn't had long interview process.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

The process was smooth with all except one person in the school of medicine dept. The person was really rude and kept comparing her personal job history with mine.it was very uncomfortable. I actually ended up declining the offer for employment vrcause I felt that there would be issues with the person. Even though she wasnt the direct hiring manager she made it vlear that she expected the position to be micro managed by her.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

just behavior questions, talk like friend to see if communication skills, finally worked on a set of Math problems

Unix Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had E-mail to verify my background and additional questions(like expect pay rate, why I want to get this job etc..), and first recruiter forwarded me to phone interview. I didn't get any feedback a month after interview, so I had to send e-mail several times to confirm outcome. Overall, that screening interview was performed very unprofessional manner. I am very disappointed from it.

Interview Questions

• current job, relevant job experience for the position and pretty much general questions for my background.   Answer Question

Fiscal Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

I applied the job online about a month ago, and finally I got the chance to have an In-person interview. The interview went well and we spent almost an hour for the entire interview. There were two managers interviewed me at the same time, and each of them had their own job related questions for me. All the questions were standard questions like other companies, and only three questions required specific answers with couple examples.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience to handle the problems/issues with customers?   Answer Question