University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2018

2.5

Patient Care Technician Interview

Interview

straightforward, the process was very informal. The interviewer was reading from a preassembled questions. Typical questions. interview was with the assistant nurse manager so it I had to very detailed, articulate and precise so she can relay this to her boss.

Interview Questions

• Describe a characteristics about you that you don't see but others do. Why is this ? And how do you bring it your advantage.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Online Application, Online Questionnaire, Interview with two managers taking turns asking the questions. They gave me a copy of all the questions that would be asked as well, right before the interview. They were your typical interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, working on a team, working without direct supervision and the like.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a to do list that is seemingly impossible, especially working part time.   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Bothell, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Standard interview questions for many advisory and/or customer service/support roles:

Tell us about yourself...Tell us a time you had an issue with a group member/colleague...Why do you want to work in this position...etc...etc...

Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Face to Face with manager of department. Very cordial, very friendly. Lasted about one half hour.
    We spoke about each others experiences in the business. From there I was introduced to an executive producer with whom I would directly work with. The same process, where we spoke to each other about one another's experience level.

Interview Questions

• With my level of experience, why was I applying to work at such a small facility.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating, fixed salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Walk you through the whole company, and gave detail introduction of the company, the current projects. Ask about each person's background information. Then you will be interviews by two people together. They first go over your resume, ask you some questions about background and your project, then came to the questions, all questions are simple and come from leetcode.

Interview Questions

• find a missing number from an array   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

I came in one day and interviewed with a few members of the group one-on-one, then spoke with the director of the research group. The interviews with the team members ranged from technical white-boarding code questions to general culture fit discussions. The discussion with the directory focused on what I would be doing there, the projects, and where the team was headed.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met individually with members of the group. Some described their work and answered my questions. Some asked me questions to assess my character, interests, and skills. They were respectful and quick.

Interview Questions

• About my past projects, and if their projects interested me.   Answer Question

Social Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was coordinated by the liaison. It was relatively straight forward. Was difficult to get a quick response from the contracted placement. To clarify, I was being interviewed for a placement outside of the school once I was accepted into the social work graduate program. The staff was incredibly nice and easy to work with. You have to advocate for yourself immensely as some placements are not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a social worker? In what field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable

Advancement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Many, MANY interviews for a fairly low-rung job, but it's to be expected at a public university. It was clear that folks were not prepared for the interviews, and/or didn't really feel the need to exert too much effort. Maybe refining the process so only the input of those working most closely with the position is necessary would be helpful. Felt very much like a cog in a big machine.

Change Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through a connection over email; followed up with a formal electronic application on their hiring portal; a few days later, was contacted for a phone interview; offered a position the next day (the process was fast-tracked due to a critical need to fill the role)

Interview Questions

• General questions about professional experience and potential application to their organization   Answer Question