University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First contacted by HR for phone screening. Phone screening interview consisted of 15 basic behavioral interview questions. In-person interview was 1 on 1 with the primary investigator. In-person interview was casual and conversational, going over the goals of the laboratory and PI and how my experience would fit in. I was informed at the end of the in-person interview that there would be a 2nd follow up interview with a larger panel once my references had been contacted, but this was eventually waived for me.

Unix Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had E-mail to verify my background and additional questions(like expect pay rate, why I want to get this job etc..), and first recruiter forwarded me to phone interview. I didn't get any feedback a month after interview, so I had to send e-mail several times to confirm outcome. Overall, that screening interview was performed very unprofessional manner. I am very disappointed from it.

Interview Questions

• current job, relevant job experience for the position and pretty much general questions for my background.   Answer Question

Fiscal Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied the job online about a month ago, and finally I got the chance to have an In-person interview. The interview went well and we spent almost an hour for the entire interview. There were two managers interviewed me at the same time, and each of them had their own job related questions for me. All the questions were standard questions like other companies, and only three questions required specific answers with couple examples.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience to handle the problems/issues with customers?   Answer Question

Education Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

In person interview with 3 staff including associate director, current training specialist and the principal of the experimental education unit preschool/kindergarten. Everyone was great except the principal of the preschool who asked an illegal questions and wouldn't tell me his full name in introductions which was a bit sketchy. School was dismissive when I tried to file a complaint over their improper behavior.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with homogenous people groups as a white male? (Yes, they asked me an illegal question). everyonething else was related to proior experience.   1 Answer

Business Analyst In IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with the hiring manager first. Few weeks later, coffee with the hiring manager and a member of his team. I took Uber from work at noon and paid $24 one way. I would have expected for him to let me know yay or nay. That would have been professional and considerate. Instead, crickets after two follow ups.

I was disappointed with the behavior from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• how does your team describe you?   1 Answer

Research Scientist/Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The professor contacted me via email and requested that I use an online survey to pick a day and hour when the interview would take place. She also requested a CV and list of references to be sent to her at least 24 hours before the interview. The interview took place over Skype. We talked over webcam about how much and what kind of lab experience I had. The conversation lasted about a half-hour.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It involved a preliminary phone screen with the HR manager for the Law School, followed by an in person interview with 6 UW faculty and staff. Extremely uncoordinated and unfocused in nature.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in academic program management?   Answer Question

Student Coordinator Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume to the manager and got an email ask me to go for an interview. It only take a couple of days. There were two managers doing the interview and the interview took only about 15 minutes.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone discussion and scheduled a 1:1 interview for later in the week. That interview was very comfortable and carried on conversationally for an hour. Immediately was asked to return for a panel interview the next week. The panel was with 4 team members in similar roles and again was comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and responsive to my questions. I was told that the choice was between one other candidate and myself, and that I should expect to hear by the end of the day or early the following day. Never received a call, which I took to mean that the other individual was chosen. I was OK with that, but a call to let me know would have been considerate. This was actually the second time this had happened after an interview at UW Medicine within a month. Three trips there and time away from work, a simple call is the least they could do. Might make me think twice before even applying next time.

GBC Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Consisted of an application and in-person interview with GBC staff who was in charge of hiring. Interview consisted mainly of behavioral and skill based questions. About a thirty minute interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?
      How would you prioritize multiple pressing project deadlines for different people in the office?
      Answer Question