University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.5

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

I declined to have an interview. The recruiter woman seriously needs a refresher in email etiquette. Based on her responses, I didn't get the impression that I want to work there.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The manager asked general questions related to behavioral and asked me if I can lift 50 lbs.
    What is the earliest date to start?
    Why you want this job?
    This a very easy interview process.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Really no formal interview as the Professor was a member of my doctoral committee. He was familiar with my skill set and knowledge, so there really was no formal interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was a member of my doctoral committee, so was quite familiar with my knowledge base.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Department of Pathology. They were very nice and made you feel comfortable through the entire process. They asked around 20 questions, from basic to more specific to the job description. Both interviewers seemed down to earth and were straight forward with their expectations for the position.
    The salary is up for negotiation. Declined offer because of better offer from another Department.

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Apply online, process takes ~1 week. Interview in-person. Interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. Hiring process took about 1 week, could be a little disorganized since the Library has a large number of employees and student employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding on the information flow within the library?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Online Application, Online Questionnaire, Interview with two managers taking turns asking the questions. They gave me a copy of all the questions that would be asked as well, right before the interview. They were your typical interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, working on a team, working without direct supervision and the like.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a to do list that is seemingly impossible, especially working part time.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very straightforward and handled directly by the people I would be working with. It was a casual interview that did not seem to have any particular structure. I believe here the process is quite varied from department to department and even within departments.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with database management and their specific program?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First contacted by HR for phone screening. Phone screening interview consisted of 15 basic behavioral interview questions. In-person interview was 1 on 1 with the primary investigator. In-person interview was casual and conversational, going over the goals of the laboratory and PI and how my experience would fit in. I was informed at the end of the in-person interview that there would be a 2nd follow up interview with a larger panel once my references had been contacted, but this was eventually waived for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

there was just one phone interview and asked about stupid linked list question. It wasn't bad or good. It was ok. Didn't had long interview process. there was just one phone interview and asked about stupid linked list question. It wasn't bad or good. It was ok. Didn't had long interview process.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

The process was smooth with all except one person in the school of medicine dept. The person was really rude and kept comparing her personal job history with mine.it was very uncomfortable. I actually ended up declining the offer for employment vrcause I felt that there would be issues with the person. Even though she wasnt the direct hiring manager she made it vlear that she expected the position to be micro managed by her.