University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.5

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Rescinded interview offer due to fictitious job announcement and wasn't going to waste my time interviewing for a job that I had absolutely no chance of getting. Some departments, not all, have some very unscrupulous people that are in upper management that don't represent the University very well.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had to follow up allot to get the initial interview which was very casual & went very well. I was asked back to a much more formal interview. With the whole team we're I was basically reinterviewed by 5 different people. The most difficult question which should have been easy was "why do you want to work here?" I had a tough time having the answer not sound cheesy & canned. I practiced several responses but the delivery was difficult under pressure.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

This was quite a few years ago, but the whole hiring and interview process took a long time to go through interview and lots of technical questions. Also had to interview with many different departments at different sessions. The hiring process could have been much simpler if they had less parties involved.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions   1 Answer

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Bothell, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

You first do a big group interview where they observe you in a group setting. Your given various task and you work with your team to accomplish them. If you pass the group interview stage you are offered a 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Interview Questions

• There was no interview process, rather just an application. The school is in no way easy to get into as I have heard a lot of friends did not receive offers. Write a really good admissions paper and take an active role.   1 Answer

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Conference call with the current research directors at Vanderbilt Education concern. I found out about this opportunity from the primary investigator at my current research project job. The interviewees started by discussing what their roles were and why they had decided to move on to different roles in the organization or to other careers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your qualities that would position you to fulfill this job?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process for a national search lecturer is long, cumbersome and unclear. They select candidates. The candidates teach a sample class, either pre-existing or special lecture. The hiring committee may or may not know anything about lecturing. The lecturer can also deliver a talk, but that's not always a possibility although all the faculty know about that. So there's very little chance to play to your own strengths.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

The process was smooth with all except one person in the school of medicine dept. The person was really rude and kept comparing her personal job history with mine.it was very uncomfortable. I actually ended up declining the offer for employment vrcause I felt that there would be issues with the person. Even though she wasnt the direct hiring manager she made it vlear that she expected the position to be micro managed by her.

Maketer & Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Cebu City (Philippines)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was excellent because of my confidence. My boss was satisfied with my impression and work experience also in that time. He is very level to ask me a lot of difficult questions, but I was calm to answer all of them because I have believed in my skills and been interested in doing marketing for this school.

Interview Questions

• Have I got any experience for this position ?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply on the UW hires website. Monday, my status changed to "resume fwd to dept." Tuesday, I was emailed by the department asking for a phone interview. Wednesday, I had my phone interview and was immediately asked to come in the next day. Thursday, I had a 1 hour in person interview and was emailed immediately again. Friday, I had a short half hour peer interview. By Friday evening, I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that your previous supervisor would say is something you needed to work on?   Answer Question