University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.5

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

The process was smooth with all except one person in the school of medicine dept. The person was really rude and kept comparing her personal job history with mine.it was very uncomfortable. I actually ended up declining the offer for employment vrcause I felt that there would be issues with the person. Even though she wasnt the direct hiring manager she made it vlear that she expected the position to be micro managed by her.

Maketer & Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Cebu City (Philippines)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was excellent because of my confidence. My boss was satisfied with my impression and work experience also in that time. He is very level to ask me a lot of difficult questions, but I was calm to answer all of them because I have believed in my skills and been interested in doing marketing for this school.

Interview Questions

• Have I got any experience for this position ?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply on the UW hires website. Monday, my status changed to "resume fwd to dept." Tuesday, I was emailed by the department asking for a phone interview. Wednesday, I had my phone interview and was immediately asked to come in the next day. Thursday, I had a 1 hour in person interview and was emailed immediately again. Friday, I had a short half hour peer interview. By Friday evening, I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that your previous supervisor would say is something you needed to work on?   Answer Question

Advancement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Many, MANY interviews for a fairly low-rung job, but it's to be expected at a public university. It was clear that folks were not prepared for the interviews, and/or didn't really feel the need to exert too much effort. Maybe refining the process so only the input of those working most closely with the position is necessary would be helpful. Felt very much like a cog in a big machine.

Interview Questions

Interview

Required both phone and in-person interview. They use interview teams that you meet with for this position. The phone interview is a screening interview prior to asking you to come in to meet with them. Had to do a presentation for the faculty. Takes several weeks, but worth going through the process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position. What do you bring to this position that others might not.   1 Answer

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Standard residential life interview process: phone interview, conference interviews, on campus interview (full day). Met with a variety of residential life staff, students, and other administrators within the unit. Long, but great day that was well organized, professional, and left me feeling like they knew what they were doing. Solid communication throughout the process, everyone who I spoke with had nothing but great things to say about their experience working there.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was long and tedious. I didn't find out I had the job until August of the school year and took a job in the meantime oncampus, that I had to resign from. Re-appointment was easy and guaranteed, as long as the student reviews we're fine.

Statistics Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

CLUE is the UW's free, late-night, multidisciplinary study center located in Mary Gates Hall. I am a UW student when I applied for this part-time on-campus job. I applied on line and got an interview 2 weeks later. There are two interviewers, one is the manager of CLUE and the other one is a Statistics Tutor working at CLUE. This interview can be divided into 3 parts. First part is behavior and fit questions and there are about 15 questions there. Secondly, they give me three statistics questions and ask me teach and explain these questions to them as if they were the students with questions to ask. Finally, they give me a statistics quiz with 6 questions. I was asked to finish this quiz by myself and hand in it to the manager before I leave. It took me about 40 mins to finish this quiz.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if students only want you to give them answers and didn't pay any attention to your explain?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington in August 2014.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews and an in-person interview with over 10 people. The in-person interview lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. In retrospect, it was probably good to interview with that many people as I have worked on many projects.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I interviewed at University of Washington in June 2012.

Interview

through at least three rounds interview, online interview , talking with HR, and personal interview with lab members, gave a presentation talking about your previous work and your future plans, and so on