University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.5

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Rescinded interview offer due to fictitious job announcement and wasn't going to waste my time interviewing for a job that I had absolutely no chance of getting. Some departments, not all, have some very unscrupulous people that are in upper management that don't represent the University very well.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

great talked about experience and time I could start and what positions I wanted. Talked about what I would like to do and hours and year round employment. Good interview.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had to follow up allot to get the initial interview which was very casual & went very well. I was asked back to a much more formal interview. With the whole team we're I was basically reinterviewed by 5 different people. The most difficult question which should have been easy was "why do you want to work here?" I had a tough time having the answer not sound cheesy & canned. I practiced several responses but the delivery was difficult under pressure.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Interview Questions

• There was no interview process, rather just an application. The school is in no way easy to get into as I have heard a lot of friends did not receive offers. Write a really good admissions paper and take an active role.   1 Answer

Senior Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

University of Washington Advancement department.
    Process was smooth and efficient through the interview. I was actually impressed with how well laid out and scheduled it was.
    Then nothing. Nothing.
    I interviewed in April, did several follow up emails over the next months, but not even HR who had done my initial screening would return my email. Finally got a reply that "next week we'll know and contact you" after 8 weeks had passed. It's now the end of July and still haven't heard anything. Rude and unprofessional. I finally wrote and asked to have my application withdrawn.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I might be the hire that would be the very best on their staff.   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied at UW Press for editorial assistant. The interview process involved talking to about three different departments, All people in the departments attended. It sounds imposing, but actually the interviews were very casual and friendly. They were not highly organized and the expectations were about what one would expect from a job at a university press.

Interview Questions

• What University of Washington books do you like and why?   Answer Question

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Conference call with the current research directors at Vanderbilt Education concern. I found out about this opportunity from the primary investigator at my current research project job. The interviewees started by discussing what their roles were and why they had decided to move on to different roles in the organization or to other careers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your qualities that would position you to fulfill this job?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met individually with members of the group. Some described their work and answered my questions. Some asked me questions to assess my character, interests, and skills. They were respectful and quick.

Interview Questions

• About my past projects, and if their projects interested me.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process for a national search lecturer is long, cumbersome and unclear. They select candidates. The candidates teach a sample class, either pre-existing or special lecture. The hiring committee may or may not know anything about lecturing. The lecturer can also deliver a talk, but that's not always a possibility although all the faculty know about that. So there's very little chance to play to your own strengths.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Because nepotism at UW rules, I was asked two questions and then told I would be given any job that I wanted. I met with a senior person at the institution, dressed up, and had prepared extensively, hoping I would be grilled about my fundraising track record and ability to close gifts. Apparently, all that matters at UW is having the right friends. I was literally given my job. I did not have to earn it, persuade anyone of my value, or really interview for it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of car do you drive?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer