University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.5

Interview

Really no formal interview as the Professor was a member of my doctoral committee. He was familiar with my skill set and knowledge, so there really was no formal interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was a member of my doctoral committee, so was quite familiar with my knowledge base.   Answer Question

Senior Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

University of Washington Advancement department.
    Process was smooth and efficient through the interview. I was actually impressed with how well laid out and scheduled it was.
    Then nothing. Nothing.
    I interviewed in April, did several follow up emails over the next months, but not even HR who had done my initial screening would return my email. Finally got a reply that "next week we'll know and contact you" after 8 weeks had passed. It's now the end of July and still haven't heard anything. Rude and unprofessional. I finally wrote and asked to have my application withdrawn.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I might be the hire that would be the very best on their staff.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

great talked about experience and time I could start and what positions I wanted. Talked about what I would like to do and hours and year round employment. Good interview.

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Rescinded interview offer due to fictitious job announcement and wasn't going to waste my time interviewing for a job that I had absolutely no chance of getting. Some departments, not all, have some very unscrupulous people that are in upper management that don't represent the University very well.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

Online application > phone interview > in person interview with both my direct supervisor and then another interview with other lab members. From the date that I submitted my application to when I was hired was probably 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be most translatable from your previous work experiences to this lab space?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Department of Pathology. They were very nice and made you feel comfortable through the entire process. They asked around 20 questions, from basic to more specific to the job description. Both interviewers seemed down to earth and were straight forward with their expectations for the position.
    The salary is up for negotiation. Declined offer because of better offer from another Department.

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Apply online, process takes ~1 week. Interview in-person. Interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. Hiring process took about 1 week, could be a little disorganized since the Library has a large number of employees and student employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding on the information flow within the library?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Online Application, Online Questionnaire, Interview with two managers taking turns asking the questions. They gave me a copy of all the questions that would be asked as well, right before the interview. They were your typical interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, working on a team, working without direct supervision and the like.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a to do list that is seemingly impossible, especially working part time.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very straightforward and handled directly by the people I would be working with. It was a casual interview that did not seem to have any particular structure. I believe here the process is quite varied from department to department and even within departments.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with database management and their specific program?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First contacted by HR for phone screening. Phone screening interview consisted of 15 basic behavioral interview questions. In-person interview was 1 on 1 with the primary investigator. In-person interview was casual and conversational, going over the goals of the laboratory and PI and how my experience would fit in. I was informed at the end of the in-person interview that there would be a 2nd follow up interview with a larger panel once my references had been contacted, but this was eventually waived for me.