University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.5

Education Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

In person interview with 3 staff including associate director, current training specialist and the principal of the experimental education unit preschool/kindergarten. Everyone was great except the principal of the preschool who asked an illegal questions and wouldn't tell me his full name in introductions which was a bit sketchy. School was dismissive when I tried to file a complaint over their improper behavior.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with homogenous people groups as a white male? (Yes, they asked me an illegal question). everyonething else was related to proior experience.   1 Answer

Business Analyst In IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with the hiring manager first. Few weeks later, coffee with the hiring manager and a member of his team. I took Uber from work at noon and paid $24 one way. I would have expected for him to let me know yay or nay. That would have been professional and considerate. Instead, crickets after two follow ups.

I was disappointed with the behavior from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• how does your team describe you?   1 Answer

Fiscal Specialist Interview

Interview

First: phone interview, second:in-person interviews; very basic and general questions one could expect. Basic knowledge of how the University operates under the federal and state rules.
    Phone interview does not ask any technical questions.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (New York, NY).

Interview

I was not interviewed for this position. I applied using Husky Jobs, and got the job without so much as talking to anyone at HFS or Pagliacci Pizza. Odd way to do things, but I guess they trust their review criteria for resumes and such.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

After I emailed my resume and cover letter, I got an email requesting a discussion over the phone. I was pretty much hired over the phone, because they just needed someone who can do the job and start ASAP.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with consenting human subjects?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply on the UW hires website. Monday, my status changed to "resume fwd to dept." Tuesday, I was emailed by the department asking for a phone interview. Wednesday, I had my phone interview and was immediately asked to come in the next day. Thursday, I had a 1 hour in person interview and was emailed immediately again. Friday, I had a short half hour peer interview. By Friday evening, I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that your previous supervisor would say is something you needed to work on?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online. Had an initial 30 minute interview after which I was moved onto the second stage and had 2 interviews with senior program staff. The questions in the initial interview including a few standard ones, but also ones specific to the challenges of the position. Similarly, the second stage of interviews included standard questions but then specific questions related to knowledge of particular software applications.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position/Why do you want to work for this department?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, in your own words.   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about administrative work that can be not particularly intellectually stimulating?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is always advisable to negotiate. I was able to get $7000 more per annum.

Traveling Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, no tough questions. Everything related to job experience.
    There were three interviewers each took turns asking questions. Laid back setting but still professional. This was my first interview and experience with UW, and it was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be most difficult about this job?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

I was emailed about scheduling an interview within 2 weeks. The interview had 3 people from across the department I would be working with, each asking their own role specific questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

I applied online which was nice. You need to give your GRE test scores, letters recommendation, an essay explaining why you want to get into Biostatistics and a transcript of your grades and classes taken. I know they really look at your letters of recommendation the most.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in Biostatistics?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time they were able to offer me a stipend to work in the summer before I started school which was great.