University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. There were five people in the room who went around, one-by-one, and asked me questions. They ended with letting me ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What is a flaw you think you have in the work environment?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

I was emailed about scheduling an interview within 2 weeks. The interview had 3 people from across the department I would be working with, each asking their own role specific questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

I applied online which was nice. You need to give your GRE test scores, letters recommendation, an essay explaining why you want to get into Biostatistics and a transcript of your grades and classes taken. I know they really look at your letters of recommendation the most.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in Biostatistics?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time they were able to offer me a stipend to work in the summer before I started school which was great.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The hiring process for this position is pretty simple. You send your resume to whatever recruiter is accepting applications at that time. From there, they will contact you via email and set up an interview with you. The interview is a group process. The recruitment panel starts by asking interview questions. During this part, I would encourage you to make sure your voice is heard without dominating the conversation (don't answer ever question). The are measuring how you work well with the team collectively. From there, the interviewers will administrate a case study. From there, it's the groups job to prioritize the importance and give a reasonable explanation of how you would handle the situation. Again, they are looking for how well you work with the team, but also your ability to articulste yourself. If you do well, the position should be yours.

Advancement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Many, MANY interviews for a fairly low-rung job, but it's to be expected at a public university. It was clear that folks were not prepared for the interviews, and/or didn't really feel the need to exert too much effort. Maybe refining the process so only the input of those working most closely with the position is necessary would be helpful. Felt very much like a cog in a big machine.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was with HR and with the hiring physician, and was very relaxed yet focused on my skills and abilities. I felt the hiring team had a good insight into the daily responsibilities of the open position, and were able to answer all of my questions. Most of their questions for me dealt specifically with my experience and the open position, and were not "outcomes" or behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• To explain how I began working in clinical research, what my favorite and least favorite parts of the position were, and what my leadership skills and style was like.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington in March 2016.

Interview

I was excited about this role and thought the interview process went very well. Following the final interview I was contacted by the hiring manager who told me that I was the committee's top choice and the most qualified, however the other candidate was just out of school and willing to take a lower salary. The manager stated that for my salary I had to commit to stay for several years (even though this was a temporary contract position). This whole interaction left a bad taste in my mouth so I walked away from the position. I didn't want to work for a manipulative manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you managed from start to finish that required data analysis.   Answer Question

Student Academic Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

online application huskyjob; followed by small talk from teaching and learning center, then a formal in-personal job interview and writing test. the staff are very friendly and you can reach out to anyone during the application process. you will need two recommendation letters from university of Washington faculty and a back ground check followed up by theh hire offer.

Interview Questions

• walk through your resume, tell us about your working experience   Answer Question

Assistant Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was an in-person interview with both graduate advisor and undergraduate advisor present. The interview itself took less than an hour. I scheduled it over the phone with the undergraduate advisor herself, a week before the interview took place, and about a week after I submitted my resume.

Interview Questions

• On a slow day, how would you keep yourself busy in the office?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It involved a preliminary phone screen with the HR manager for the Law School, followed by an in person interview with 6 UW faculty and staff. Extremely uncoordinated and unfocused in nature.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in academic program management?   Answer Question