University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.5

An Advancement Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was contacted by HR within two weeks for a phone interview. The recruiter was pleasant, warm, and open, and the phone interview was very helpful for setting work/life balance and salary expectations and discussing the general responsibilities of the position, as well as getting a feel for how the department works. Someone from the department called later the same day to schedule two hours of in-person interviews the following week. I was told that there had been six candidates selected for phone interviews, two of whom were called back for in-person interviews.

The first hour of the in-person interviews was with a panel of half a dozen potential colleagues. Questions were reasonable and related to past experience, preferred work style/work space, management and conflict management styles, etc. All members of the panel seemed very willing to answer questions and share their experience with the University of Washington.

The second hour of the in-person interviews was with the position's direct supervisor and was not as positive. The supervisor seemed not to have read my application or know anything about my background, and was fairly uncommunicative for most of the interview. I left feeling like I would be a good fit with the rest of the team, but not with the position's supervisor. I was uncomfortable enough about the lack of fit with the supervisor to be very uncertain whether I would an accept an offer if one was made. The supervisor called three days later to tell me the other candidate had been hired, but wished me well. I appreciated the call and was relieved not to have to decline an offer.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

The whole process was very straightforward. The university has an abundance of research opportunities for undergraduates that have contact information. I sent an email to a lab I was interested in and they got back to me within a week to schedule an interview. It took place in the lab at the main campus in Seattle and consisted of behavioral questions, resume clarifications, and goals for the future.

Senior Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

There are 2 rounds interview process for a research lab I applied. First it is with several lab co-workers with 5 back to back interviews. And then with the boss of the lab in person. The interview is smoothly organized with video, So you won't feel uncomfortable due to no yew contact. Not many technical questions most talking about behaviors.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Pretty easy and low stress. First I had a phone screen asking me about my past experience and general questions. After I was asked to come into the office and mostly repeated these questions along with general IT troubleshooting scenarios. I got a call the next day with an offer

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a situation where a users screen only shows black?   Answer Question

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very straight forward and exactly what you would expect of any interview. I was interviewed by two managers who were both friendly and took turns asking questions. It took about 20 minutes and most of it was relaxed, get-to-know-you set up. I honestly think they just needed to make sure you were a normal person who could be trained.

Interview Questions

• They did a couple scenario questions, "If a student is upset about a missing package how could you handle it?" One of the things they were concerned about is how you would deal with international students or someone who did not speak english well.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

first is to meet with the boss, and talk about myself and what the lab is doing, then gave a talk to the lab about my PhD work. After that, talk with different people in the lab to see what other people are doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you qualify for this job   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Friendly environment throughout the entirety of the process. Employers are seeking energetic individuals. Two on one type interview. I was taken to commons area and asked about myself so mostly behavioral questions were asked. Took place at UW tower in the advancement department. Finance & Administration.

Learning Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

There was a phone interview, then two in-person interviews. The second in-person interview had the higher-up bosses in the department. They did look at my LinkedIn profile as well as my resume. The questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically - they were mostly questions that pertained to my experience and how I could be an asset based on the posted job description.   Answer Question

Web Media Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Hour long, reviewed past samples of media publishing as well as designed graphics. Went over resume to every detail and talked about other relevant positions. Also spoke about future plans and goals.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was with a professor for a research project. Incredibly easy interview (which I doubt is typical) - he literally just asked me if I had done research and if I could supervise people, to which I said 'yes.' That was essentially it.