University of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.5

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It involved a preliminary phone screen with the HR manager for the Law School, followed by an in person interview with 6 UW faculty and staff. Extremely uncoordinated and unfocused in nature.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in academic program management?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Just Question and answers. Talking about their research and how much they like it. I had a few questions in the back of my head for me to ask them about their research. Most of the time they get into what they do and don't stop talking.

Student Coordinator Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume to the manager and got an email ask me to go for an interview. It only take a couple of days. There were two managers doing the interview and the interview took only about 15 minutes.

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was one of many candidates to be selected for an interview and I was incredibly nervous. It was a panel interview with several key members of the office from multiple levels of the organization, including the executive team. They were thoroughly prepared, had a clear sense of the requirements of the job, asked good questions, good follow up questions, and were genuinely interested in learning as much as possible about me as a candidate in that brief time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Interview

Required both phone and in-person interview. They use interview teams that you meet with for this position. The phone interview is a screening interview prior to asking you to come in to meet with them. Had to do a presentation for the faculty. Takes several weeks, but worth going through the process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position. What do you bring to this position that others might not.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Talked with the instructor or Professor, who would ask some questions to make sure you understand the class contents. The the interviewer would ask the plan that you had for the course.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the experiments/ Lab tutorials?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone discussion and scheduled a 1:1 interview for later in the week. That interview was very comfortable and carried on conversationally for an hour. Immediately was asked to return for a panel interview the next week. The panel was with 4 team members in similar roles and again was comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and responsive to my questions. I was told that the choice was between one other candidate and myself, and that I should expect to hear by the end of the day or early the following day. Never received a call, which I took to mean that the other individual was chosen. I was OK with that, but a call to let me know would have been considerate. This was actually the second time this had happened after an interview at UW Medicine within a month. Three trips there and time away from work, a simple call is the least they could do. Might make me think twice before even applying next time.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

My interview was conducted out of formality. My employer had been extremely delighted with my resume and was ready to hire me the moment he saw me. It was really more of an introduction than an interview.

Interview Questions

• My name? Things I did before that might be relevant to this project.   Answer Question

GBC Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Consisted of an application and in-person interview with GBC staff who was in charge of hiring. Interview consisted mainly of behavioral and skill based questions. About a thirty minute interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?
      How would you prioritize multiple pressing project deadlines for different people in the office?   Answer Question

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an initial Skype interview and then a second interview which was held on campus. There were 4 people on the committee for the initial Skype interview and second interview. During both interviews I was asked about 10 questions and during the second interview I was asked to present on an area of professional development for students.

Interview Questions

• What career counseling theory do I utilize most?
      What experience do you have working with international students?
      Lots of situational/behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.