University of Washington Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Really no formal interview as the Professor was a member of my doctoral committee. He was familiar with my skill set and knowledge, so there really was no formal interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was a member of my doctoral committee, so was quite familiar with my knowledge base.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

first is to meet with the boss, and talk about myself and what the lab is doing, then gave a talk to the lab about my PhD work. After that, talk with different people in the lab to see what other people are doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you qualify for this job   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I spoke with the head of the lab via phone conversation. Then, was asked if I'd like to apply for my own funding (fellowship) in order for them to afford me. After receiving the funding I was asked to join the lab.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I found my job on naturejobs. I e-mailed an application and had one phone interview. After the phone interview all correspondence was through e-mail. Upon arrival and the workplace I was asked to give a presentation to the lab on my previous research. I was already hired so this was informal. I have since learned that this occurs before hiring in most cases.

Interview Questions

• None, the interview was very straight forward. I was asked about my past research and lab experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, my salary was based on an NOH payscale for people with my level of experience

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was flown over to Seattle and met with about 10 different laboratory personnel-we mostly just talked about their research and my research. Very laid back. I then presented my research at a lab meeting. I should probably state that my position was also contingent on my getting a postdoctoral fellowship before this process, which I did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

On-site interview. Presented research. Interviewed at the presentation and also met with 3 faculty.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

It was a standard presentation for such positions in very nice atmosphere. 45 minutes scientific talk in front of the research group and 1:1 discussion with PI about research projects, possibilities at UW for collaborations, expectations, work time (which is idealistic for such a position, as it always exceeds), help trough techs etc. Very collaborative atmosphere, unfortunaely only talked to PI and not to any other institutional professors

Negotiation

fair and easy, according to NIH salary

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington in April 2008.

Interview

1st a phone interview with hiring manager to get a bit more background from me then scheduled a trip for a personal interview. Met with hiring manager, gave a 45 minute presentation of my research to about 35 people in the dept., fielded questions. Met with others in the dept. and in the specific lab. Had lunch with hiring manager and another postdoc. Met with others in the dept. and neighboring labs. Went to dinner with hiring manager and a staff scientist. Was offered the job that night.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was not any negotiating for salary, etc. but was able to negotiate some moving expenses.