University of Washington Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Research Scientist Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview with group of scientists and most questions about work experience and skills. They mentioned about ongoing and future projects. It lasted approximately 2 hours and I got an offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Projects which I was involved in   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in December 2007.

Interview

The interview was very straight-forward, a presentation followed by a one on one with my future supervisor. The atmosphere was very laid back and not in the least bit stressful. I would say that the best indicator for success is your recommendations and the quality of your presentation.

Interview Questions

• They asked quite a bit about biochemical pathways and familiarity with western blotting etc.   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Washington in August 2008.

Interview

The interview was for a lab position. It was fairly informal. I met the principal investigator, then talked with the others in the lab. They already knew what my qualifications were, so most of the interview was getting to know if I would be a good fit as far as personality (and if I would like them too!). The decision was made quickly and I was offered a position a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• None, it was all rather informal: my background; my goals; can I work weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a few thousand more a year than I was paid with my previous job, but I was told there was no extra grant money. This always seems to be the excuse at the UW though. Next time, I would hold my ground and move on if not offered more.