University of Washington Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.4

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Apply online, process takes ~1 week. Interview in-person. Interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. Hiring process took about 1 week, could be a little disorganized since the Library has a large number of employees and student employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding on the information flow within the library?   1 Answer

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very straightforward and handled directly by the people I would be working with. It was a casual interview that did not seem to have any particular structure. I believe here the process is quite varied from department to department and even within departments.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with database management and their specific program?   Answer Question

Unix Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had E-mail to verify my background and additional questions(like expect pay rate, why I want to get this job etc..), and first recruiter forwarded me to phone interview. I didn't get any feedback a month after interview, so I had to send e-mail several times to confirm outcome. Overall, that screening interview was performed very unprofessional manner. I am very disappointed from it.

Interview Questions

• current job, relevant job experience for the position and pretty much general questions for my background.   Answer Question

Fiscal Specialist II Interview

Application

Interview

I applied the job online about a month ago, and finally I got the chance to have an In-person interview. The interview went well and we spent almost an hour for the entire interview. There were two managers interviewed me at the same time, and each of them had their own job related questions for me. All the questions were standard questions like other companies, and only three questions required specific answers with couple examples.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience to handle the problems/issues with customers?   Answer Question

Education Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

In person interview with 3 staff including associate director, current training specialist and the principal of the experimental education unit preschool/kindergarten. Everyone was great except the principal of the preschool who asked an illegal questions and wouldn't tell me his full name in introductions which was a bit sketchy. School was dismissive when I tried to file a complaint over their improper behavior.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with homogenous people groups as a white male? (Yes, they asked me an illegal question). everyonething else was related to proior experience.   1 Answer

Business Analyst In IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with the hiring manager first. Few weeks later, coffee with the hiring manager and a member of his team. I took Uber from work at noon and paid $24 one way. I would have expected for him to let me know yay or nay. That would have been professional and considerate. Instead, crickets after two follow ups.

I was disappointed with the behavior from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• how does your team describe you?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply on the UW hires website. Monday, my status changed to "resume fwd to dept." Tuesday, I was emailed by the department asking for a phone interview. Wednesday, I had my phone interview and was immediately asked to come in the next day. Thursday, I had a 1 hour in person interview and was emailed immediately again. Friday, I had a short half hour peer interview. By Friday evening, I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that your previous supervisor would say is something you needed to work on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position immediately I got an acceptance to the university of Washington. I love UW, and I wanted to be fully associated with it. Living at UW, studying at UW and working at UW was my goal. Wearing purple, too.
    A day later, I got a email response on setting up an face to face interview. I was so excited, I forgot to ask crucial questions. I replied Yes to everything.

Interview Day:
    To realize my fear, I watched UW motivationals videos, and honestly I was very energetic.

The interview started awkwardly, I was to be interviewed by three people while I pictured only one person. It showed on my face and I thought to get it out of the way.

"I am totally sorry, I should have asked for the number of people who would be interviewing me?" And all the awkward interview feeling vanished. My interviewers were amazing too!!

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work with us in the summer?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online. Had an initial 30 minute interview after which I was moved onto the second stage and had 2 interviews with senior program staff. The questions in the initial interview including a few standard ones, but also ones specific to the challenges of the position. Similarly, the second stage of interviews included standard questions but then specific questions related to knowledge of particular software applications.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position/Why do you want to work for this department?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, in your own words.   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about administrative work that can be not particularly intellectually stimulating?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is always advisable to negotiate. I was able to get $7000 more per annum.

Traveling Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, no tough questions. Everything related to job experience.
    There were three interviewers each took turns asking questions. Laid back setting but still professional. This was my first interview and experience with UW, and it was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be most difficult about this job?   Answer Question